Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 19 May 2007 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

It’s in Florida…you can be underage & still be in a bar here.  smile

So long as you’re not SITTING at the bar…but at a table.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 19 May 2007 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Wait a minute, something doesn’t add up here.

How did he walk in on her in the ladies? Did she not lock the cubicle door or does he just kick them open (lack of urinals is generally the first sign of being in a girl’s bathroom from my personal experience)? It’s pretty damn hard to walk in on a girl doing her business in a public lavvy.

Is it just me or does that seem a bit strange?

I want to know where to get those signs. They’re awesome.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 19 May 2007 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

I think the girl was using the guys bathroom and it doesn’t mean he caught her in the act of going to the bathroom. She could have been washing her hands or something. It would be embarrassing, just walking into the wrong bathroom. The other scenario is its just a room with a toilet, no cubes.

I have no idea though.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2007 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

Who gets so embarassed by being seen in a toilet when they’re not actually doing anything?

Lord knows I’ve been taking a pee when a woman walks in to avoid a queue in the ladies’ dozens of times tongue wink
“Come here often?” is a good line for that scenario.

I think they’re blowing this a teeny bit out of proportion, perhaps to plug for some kind of compensation. I just feel that, from the information avaliable, the girl’s overreacting to a large degree.

But that’s maybe me. I don’t get embarassed by being walked in on in a public lavvy.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 19 May 2007 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

Oh this is definitely blown out of proportion. The sign had been up for 30 years and one person has a problem with it and now it needs to be taken down. This is just as ridiculous as banning smoking from bars.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2007 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

There have been people who have walked into the wrong restroom before and most of the times its ooops sorry

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 19 May 2007 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
Slender Loris - 19 May 2007 10:49 PM

Oh this is definitely blown out of proportion. The sign had been up for 30 years and one person has a problem with it and now it needs to be taken down. This is just as ridiculous as banning smoking from bars.

No, banning smoking is a good idea. Never hurt anyone here and we’ve had the ban for a full year now. It’s great. Every pub has outside seating, even in winter, when they put up big gas heaters and parasols to keep the rain off (an Aussie guy on walkabout I met, ironically in a toilet, asked me what all the smokers did in winter. I said they smoked outside with raincoats on. He thought the idea was so brilliant he bought me a pint). The only downside to the smoking ban is that the one non-smoker (yours truly) is left to guard the drinks while everyone else pisses off outside and has a fag tongue wink

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 19 May 2007 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

I wouldn’t call that a downside.  I would call it free drinks. or the price of a smoke. 

I do think the incident is a victim of severe overreaction.  It amazes me that they can do that after 1 single complaint.  It would be so tempting to tell the city and the complainant to stuff it.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 May 2007 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Some people just have a constant need to complain and make trouble.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 May 2007 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27
Renquist - 19 May 2007 10:32 PM

Wait a minute, something doesn’t add up here.

How did he walk in on her in the ladies? Did she not lock the cubicle door or does he just kick them open (lack of urinals is generally the first sign of being in a girl’s bathroom from my personal experience)? It’s pretty damn hard to walk in on a girl doing her business in a public lavvy.

Is it just me or does that seem a bit strange?
I want to know where to get those signs. They’re awesome.

Thought the same thing. And if he saw her she was washing her hands maybe. Then I can understand the crying bit. Girls that age can be very sensitive about their bodies and who knows her hands had grown overnight.

Problem solved:

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 20 May 2007 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27
Renquist - 19 May 2007 10:44 PM

... being seen ... actually doing ...

... taking ... a woman ... dozens of times tongue wink
“Come here often?” ... a good line ...

...blowing… teeny ..., ... to plug ... I just feel that… girl’s ... large ...

But that’s maybe me. I ... get ...on ... public ...

Well there you go! It

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

1 of 3