"VT massacre killed 33, but we wished it was 33.000"
Posted: 06 May 2007 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O228AQRvcqQ

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 06 May 2007 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Dily - 06 May 2007 08:47 PM

This has to be a joke.  It just sounds like a joke.  Especially when they flashed “Fags Die God Laughs” on the screen.  If it is indeed real, then, please, someone smite them.  That’s when God will really laugh.

Yes, this is the same “church” that goes out and mocks the burials of soldiers who are killed overseas, and who gloat over all the people killed in the September 11th terrorist attacks, who send celebratory cards to the parents of children who die, and who rejoice at every accident and disaster that happens.  They’ve been doing it for decades now, gaining funding by constantly pushing and pushing and pushing at people until somebody finally does something that lets them sue for huge amounts (they have their own legal service).  A great bunch of people.

They’re basically the “Christian” version of all those little pseudo-Islamic hate groups that provide so many of the cannon-fodder terrorists in places like the Middle East.  They even have their own little fenced-in compound and everything.  So far, though, Westboro hasn’t gone much beyond using intimidation and bullying.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 06 May 2007 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Stargazer, that was the same woman I heard on the radio.  It is so horrible and hard to believe.  There are few people I truly hate, but she is definitely one of them.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 06 May 2007 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Ah yes.
Fred Phelps and family.
I read a fascinating article about them. Well, I say article… it’s extremely long.
Anyway, here.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 07 May 2007 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15

I couldn’t watch the whole thing. This guy is not behaving like a Christian at all.

I’d say this group is not a Christian Group. I would call it a Sect. If a “Christian” spoke to me in such a fashion I’d tell them to get ******

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 07 May 2007 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

I just don’t know what can go wrong in a person’s life to make them end up like this.

Of course, as the video I linked shows, it obviously starts young for most of them. Those poor children. :(

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 07 May 2007 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

For the most part, the people at that church seem to be all related.  So I think that the children are just raised in that environment and grow up into that lifestyle because they don’t really know any other.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 07 May 2007 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Well they certainly look inbred, that’s for sure. Ugly in appearance and ugly at heart.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 07 May 2007 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Yep, it’s a family deal.
The kids are brought up within a sort of compound - a number of houses on the same block that they’ve adapted to have a central shared yard, and a big fence around it.

There’s a very tight stranglehold on who should be allowed to marry into the family.
Again, I suggest reading the article I linked to above. All you ever needed to know about Fred Phelps and co.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 07 May 2007 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11
Accipiter - 06 May 2007 03:15 AM

It’s rather interesting how they claim that bad things only happen to bad people. . .except for when it is themselves who have bad things happen to them.

I watched a documentary about these guys, a reporter went and lived with them for a week, a girl he was talking to told him that she would be happy if he died as God would be punishing a sinner, so he asked her something like “So what if your mum died?” and she just replied that her mum must have sinned and so she would be happy because a sinner is getting what they deserve.

Lovely.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 07 May 2007 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Why can’t someone go nuts and shoot up their compound instead of all these high schools and college campuses?

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

2 of 4

‹‹ French AIDS Awareness Posters      XKCD ››