Posted: 05 May 2007 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

This is a very disturbing broadcast by the westboro baptist church:

The broadcast

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 05 May 2007 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

That is disgusting.  I heard something similar on the radio the other day.  Some woman is the head of this group that pickets funerals of violence victems.  Their argument is that God doesn’t let bad things happen to good people, therefore if something horrible happens to someone it is because they were sinners.  Her and her group wanted to picket the funerals of all the VT students who died, but agreed to not interrupt the funeral if given 15 minutes of radio time to spread their message.  I honestly don’t know which is worse.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 05 May 2007 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

That’s the same group I believe. They are vile people. It should be noted however, that although they refer to themselves as “Baptists”, officially the denomination has nothing to do with them and does not recognize them as part of their group or whatever the term is.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 05 May 2007 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

This sort of thing makes me mad.  In the Bible book of James it says that God does not try by evil.  These people twist the Bible and then wonder why people doubt them and Christianity in general

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 05 May 2007 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

It’s rather interesting how they claim that bad things only happen to bad people. . .except for when it is themselves who have bad things happen to them.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 06 May 2007 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Sounds similar to “The Secret”.  If you can control your life based on what you want, then I guess all those victims just wanted to be victims.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 06 May 2007 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10
JoeDaJuggler - 06 May 2007 04:13 AM

Sounds similar to “The Secret”.  If you can control your life based on what you want, then I guess all those victims just wanted to be victims.

Man…that Secret thing really pisses me off.  I can’t believe it’s taken so seriously.  Sorry, I don’t mean to get off topic, but that was a good observation and shows what’s wrong with both arguments.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 06 May 2007 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21
Razela - 06 May 2007 06:21 AM
JoeDaJuggler - 06 May 2007 04:13 AM

Man…that Secret thing really pisses me off.  I can’t believe it’s taken so seriously.  Sorry, I don’t mean to get off topic, but that was a good observation and shows what’s wrong with both arguments.

Dammit, I wish I have never been told of “The Secret”. I wish it had been kept a secret…

Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 06 May 2007 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27
Accipiter - 06 May 2007 03:15 AM

It’s rather interesting how they claim that bad things only happen to bad people. . .except for when it is themselves who have bad things happen to them.

So all people who die of old age are bad.

Anyway, what I don

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 06 May 2007 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28

This has to be a joke.  It just sounds like a joke.  Especially when they flashed “Fags Die God Laughs” on the screen.  If it is indeed real, then, please, someone smite them.  That’s when God will really laugh.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 06 May 2007 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I’m afraid they are completely for real, it’s not a joke.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 06 May 2007 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

Sadly, MC is correct.  This group has been around for a long time and they are very real.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

1 of 4

‹‹ French AIDS Awareness Posters      XKCD ››