2 of 3
Simplify your taxes:  lose all your money!
Posted: 16 April 2007 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Um, yes. . .taxes. . .taxes on gefilte fish are a bad thing.

Anyway, I had a friend of mine who’s an IRS accountant do my taxes for me in her official capacity, so I’d assume that any scams that I may have fallen for must have been official IRS scams.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 16 April 2007 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

The whole IRS is a scam, so Acci you have been had.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 17 April 2007 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

I’m glad I dont pay taxes smile

But then, sad that I don’t earn enough money to warrant paying taxes.

Nevermind.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 17 April 2007 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I’m sure I’m missing out on something delicious, but gefilte fish is one of the few things that I absolutely cannot bring myself to eat.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 18 April 2007 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I might offer an opinion on the fish if I knew what they were and didn’t have to google the name to find out.  On the taxes however, I have plenty of opinions,  most of which the government and Revenue Canada are not interested in hearing.  But my pissiness at taxation is somewhat assauged by the fact that I do manage to work it so as to get money back each year.  I guess thats a small victory in the scheme of things.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 April 2007 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02
gray - 18 April 2007 09:31 PM

I might offer an opinion on the fish if I knew what they were and didn’t have to google the name to find out.  On the taxes however, I have plenty of opinions,  most of which the government and Revenue Canada are not interested in hearing.  But my pissiness at taxation is somewhat assauged by the fact that I do manage to work it so as to get money back each year.  I guess thats a small victory in the scheme of things.

It’s not a species of fish, it’s a dish. I’m sure if I had some homemade gefilte fish, I’d love it, because it sounds good to me. However, in the stores it looks like a jar of rotting brains floating around in dirty water.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 18 April 2007 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Ok, now I really dont want to know what it is.    sick

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 April 2007 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10
MadCarlotta - 17 April 2007 11:42 AM

I’m sure I’m missing out on something delicious, but gefilte fish is one of the few things that I absolutely cannot bring myself to eat.

I feel the same way (I know I’m Jewish and I’m suppose to like it, but bacon is just so much yummier).

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 19 April 2007 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Is it better homemade or is it only available in those jars in the kosher section at the grocery?  Looks about as appitizing as those jars of pigs feet.

And why do I suddenly feel the urge to visit the library and pick up a Rabbi Small mystery?

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 19 April 2007 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02

I would think it’s way better homemade. It’s basically smooshed fish (cod, pollack, etc) formed into patties or balls and poached. A sort of quenelle, if you are familiar with the term (I have foodie friends, I’m not that pretentious - really). I had a friend who would make it for Passover and he always promised to bring me some so I could try it “for real” but there were never any leftovers. He was apparently famous for his gefilte fish.

I refuse to eat it from the jar, but I’m open to trying a homemade version. However, there seems to be a shortage of Jewish people where I live currently, judging from the whopping one half shelf of dusty kosher products in the grocery store. I’m lucky if I can get my hands on a box of matzahs, which really sucks because I’m addicted to matzah brei and matzah ball soup.

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2007 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

I’ve never had homemade gefilte fish.  My great-grandmother apparently use to make it when she was younger but had stopped by the time I was born.

As to matzah brei—-yummmmm.  That actually sounds like a good lunch for today and a good way to get rid of my own left-over matza from passover. 

For passover I always make chocolate toffee matzah.  It’s just about the yummiest thing ever, but it’s a pain in the ass to make and has ruined many a cookie sheet.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

2 of 3