Posted: 11 April 2007 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

The chocolate was okay, but the main fun was the toys.  Wheeeeeeeee!  cheese

Darn the FDA. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

I’m English, and as such I crave disappointment. That’s why I buy Kinder Surprise. Horrible chocolate; nasty little toy: a double-whammy of disillusionment! Sometimes I eat the toy out of sheer despair. I actually call them the Eggs Of Numbing Inevitability. And when I buy them, I always ask for them in the third person: “Bill Bailey would like the Eggs Of Numbing Inevitability.” It answered me back once, in a funny voice it said “But you are not Bill Bailey, you are a mere Doppelganger. I am the true Bill Bailey, from another dimension.” And I thought, Oh alright. I decided the only way to overcome this was to run very fast at my counterpart, and I was just about to hit it when I realised it was actually the highly polished side of a cheese counter.

wink

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

They’ve probably just reduced the size in order to reduce the number of lawsuits from people for “causing their weight / life problems” and things of that nature. You know how nothing is anyone’s fault anymore is always on the manufacturers.

long face

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Seems like they generally make things smaller so they don’t have to raise the price, when materials become more costly.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

I haven’t bought any of these in ages, mainly because my kids are grown.  Has the price of the eggs gone up also???  Anyone?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Here in Canada, at Mac’s they are $1.19 I believe, which I find kind of outrageous.

ETA: the Cadbury ones, not sure how much the Kinder Suprise ones are

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 11 April 2007 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Creme eggs are about 40-50p here, I think.
Kinder eggs are a lot more expensive, but I haven’t bought them in ages and ages.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 11 April 2007 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Boo - 11 April 2007 05:18 PM

I’m English, and as such I crave disappointment. That’s why I buy Kinder Surprise. Horrible chocolate; nasty little toy: a double-whammy of disillusionment! Sometimes I eat the toy out of sheer despair. I actually call them the Eggs Of Numbing Inevitability. And when I buy them, I always ask for them in the third person: “Bill Bailey would like the Eggs Of Numbing Inevitability.” It answered me back once, in a funny voice it said “But you are not Bill Bailey, you are a mere Doppelganger. I am the true Bill Bailey, from another dimension.” And I thought, Oh alright. I decided the only way to overcome this was to run very fast at my counterpart, and I was just about to hit it when I realised it was actually the highly polished side of a cheese counter.

wink

Heh, I only ever bought the German ones, actually.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 April 2007 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1826
Joined  2006-03-03

I can get Creme Eggs for 35p. My lovely creme eggs…...

Signature 

I am the Malfunction!

Because dignity is overrated anyway cheese

Posted: 11 April 2007 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

You know, Chris has been saying for ages that Creme Eggs have got smaller, and I’ve been mocking him for his belief… rolleyes

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 April 2007 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29
Madmouse - 11 April 2007 06:30 PM

You know, Chris has been saying for ages that Creme Eggs have got smaller, and I’ve been mocking him for his belief… rolleyes

Isn’t that what you are supposed to do?  I am sure it is in the vows in the small print.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

2 of 3