2 of 2
The Easter Bunny Conspiracy
Posted: 07 April 2007 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Smerk - 07 April 2007 03:53 AM

You know that there’s a pretty good reason why religion wants us to refer to the critter as a bunny - it’s because hares used to be synonomous with witchcraft.  You can’t have what is supposed to be a religious festival (yes, we all know it’s really a pagan one), with the mascot being related to something that the church condemns.

This is another trick of the Illuminati to evilize the hare….

Hugh Heffner is an Illuminati too by the way, hence the symbol of his magazine…

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 07 April 2007 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

This is serious
we can’t stand by and let the rabbit conquer the world anymore
we should all step forward together (you first)
and denounce this vile atrocity to all that is (insert suitable word here)

In australia they solved the first invasion of the evil rabbit empire with a mix of my toasties.
those that survived have no doubt built up a great immunity to the poison
making them superrabbits.

And yet the Hare isn’t totally blameless, for at least one of their number
started his own religion

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 07 April 2007 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, it’s only natural that the hare would give way to the bunny.  As they say, “hare today, gone tomorrow”.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 April 2007 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

I know the implications of this story are confound and hare-raising. But it’s the truth, and only blind idiots or payed agents like Acci deny it…

By the way, any of you noted that Bugs Bunny deliberately speaks a “w” instead of an “r”, so as to never have to vocalize the word “hare” (making “hawe” i.o.w. “have!” of it).....?!! I tell ya, it’s no coincidence!

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 08 April 2007 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
LaMa - 08 April 2007 01:14 PM

I know the implications of this story are confound and hare-raising. But it’s the truth, and only blind idiots or payed agents like Acci deny it…

Funny.  I always figured you would be promoting llamas.  Or at least alpacas. wink

By the way, any of you noted that Bugs Bunny deliberately speaks a “w” instead of an “r”, so as to never have to vocalize the word “hare” (making “hawe” i.o.w. “have!” of it).....?!! I tell ya, it’s no coincidence!

That was Elmer Fudd.  I seem to remember several times that Bugs Bunny said “hare-brained” in a pun.  Or the several times he said “maroon” for moron.  Both with very strong, very enunciated Rs.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 08 April 2007 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Everybody, do your part to supress the Bunny-Hoax and remove bunny icons from Easter:  eat every chocolate bunny you see down to the very last crumb!  It is your duty!  When they are all gone, the hare can resume its proper place!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 April 2007 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14

Does it count if I just eat the ears?

Somehow chocolate hare just doesn’t give the same feeling.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 10 April 2007 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Well, I didn’t get any easter bunnies.  I did get an easter bilby, though. smile

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 10 April 2007 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

LaMa, you do not stand alone!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/02/easter.kiwi.reut/index.html

Environmentalists want Easter kiwi hopping down trail

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (Reuters)—A New Zealand environmental body is targeting the Easter bunny in a renewed war against one of the country’s worst natural pests.

Environment Canterbury on the country’s South Island wants people to come up with an alternative Easter symbol as part of a campaign to highlight the damage caused by the non-native pest.

“They’re like an environmental curse,” Mark Oldfield of Environment Canterbury said.

“We did have a similar competition a number of years ago and we came up with the Easter Kiwi,” Oldfield said, referring to the flightless bird that is the country’s national bird.

Rabbits were introduced in the late 19th century for a fur trade that never got established, but they bred at such a rate that they infested large parts throughout the country, eating sparse vegetation and causing widespread erosion.

A virus that causes the rabbits to bleed to death was introduced illegally in 1997, significantly cutting numbers, but Oldfield said some rabbits were building immunity.

Local authorities in New Zealand spent tens of millions of dollars in poisoning and shooting campaigns to control rabbits before the introduction of the virus in 1997.

The rabbit as an Easter symbol seems to have its origins in Germany, where it was first mentioned in writings in the 1500s.

But the kiwi, the size of a large chicken, appears to be a more fitting Easter icon as it lays a huge egg that is six times as big as normal for a bird its size.

Signature 

2 of 2