1 of 1
The Da Vinci victim: obsessed art expert took deadly overdose
Posted: 21 March 2007 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

A painter fascinated with best-selling conspiracy thriller The Da Vinci Code committed suicide after becoming convinced she was the subject of a real-life murder plot.

Caroline Eldridge, 38, moved to Italy to pursue her interest in Leonardo Da Vinci, but her mind became “muddled” by the mysteries surrounding his work, her father said.

Caroline Eldridge, a Da Vinci scholar and artist, who killed herself after becoming obsessed with the mysteries surrounding the artist and the best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code

She suffered paranoid delusions that she and her family were in danger “because of the knowledge that she had” of Leonardo after working on an exhibition about his paintings.

After repeatedly telling her family, “I’m not going to let them take me alive,” she took an overdose of paracetamol.

The Da Vinci Code, which has sold more than 60 million copies, centres on a sinister plot by Catholic organisation Opus Dei to kill the book’s hero Robert Langdon before he discovers, via clues in Da Vinci’s paintings, that Christ was married to Mary Magdalene and had a son.

On Friday Caroline’s father, retired headmaster Roger Eldridge, said: “She was particularly interested in Da Vinci’s interpretation of perspective, and because of that interest she had read The Da Vinci Code.

“The nature of the illness that she had would create fear, and the Code itself, I think it did create a muddle in her mind in terms of fears.

“She was very fearful for her own safety and she felt that because of the work she had been doing and because of the knowledge that she had, she had put us in danger.

“She had put herself under tremendous pressure with work and I think that pressure and stress was to blame for the paranoia.”

Ms Elridge, a graduate of the Wimbledon College of Art, worked for years as a costume designer for the English National Opera on productions including The Magic Flute and Medea, and later went freelance.

Full story

Image Attachments
3CarolEldridgeSWNS_228x177[1].jpg
 Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 22 March 2007 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Ooooooh!

Perhaps they got her.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 22 March 2007 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-09-11

OD on Paracetamol?
Ugh! What a terrible way to go! :-(

Signature 

This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!”

Some people are like slinkies: They don’t really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1 of 1