In his editorial on the BBC website, editor Pete Clifton listed a few “alternative” possibilities for Out Of Office Reply texts sent in by a reader. Here they are, but can you come up with more? Let us all unleash our imagination now…..
* “I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless e-mails you send me until I return from holiday. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.”
* “The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and cannot deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.”
* “I’ve run away to join a different circus.”
* “You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, you wouldn’t have received anything at all.”
* “I am out of the office for two weeks for medical reasons. When I return please refer to me as Margaret instead of Steve.”