1 of 1
Out of Office Replies
Posted: 01 October 2005 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

In his editorial on the BBC website, editor Pete Clifton listed a few “alternative” possibilities for Out Of Office Reply texts sent in by a reader. Here they are, but can you come up with more? Let us all unleash our imagination now…..

* “I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless e-mails you send me until I return from holiday. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.”

* “The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and cannot deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.”

* “I’ve run away to join a different circus.”

* “You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, you wouldn’t have received anything at all.”

* “I am out of the office for two weeks for medical reasons. When I return please refer to me as Margaret instead of Steve.”

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 01 October 2005 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Allright, my first try:

* “For Christs sake, even when I am on Hollidays you can’t leave me alone….!”

* “You mailed me. Do you expect a direct answer to your mail? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!”

* “You mailed me. How dare you…”

* “Eat your heart out: I am sipping cocktails on a beach in the Caribean…so forget a reply please”

* “I just got away with $645000000 (Six-Million-Four-Hundred-and-Fifty-Thousand-US-Dollars) out of the vault of my employer. Though this message will come as a surprise to you, I want to propose to you to….”

* “So, you are not on hollidays but stil in the office. Sucker!”

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

1 of 1

‹‹ Freaky Video      Declaration of Revocation ››