1 of 1
Kind of an update on the so called impossible small holes planes make when they strike a building. Debunks a lot of crap some people are saying.
Posted: 02 March 2007 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

Ok, this is for all those so called buffs how seems to know everything on planes colliding with buildings.
I was a newspaper man in Amsterdam when the ElAl Boeing 747 (a itsiebitsie bigger then the planes that hit New York and the Pentagon) hit a 11 story building in the “Bijlmer” (a suburb of Amsterdam).
the hole the Boeing 747 made was not much bigger then the width of its body because the main part of the wings never entered because they folded backwards.
I have been there (I came there within half an hour after it struck) and have seen the whole shit while it was burning. I saw the sun come up wile the flames died. And sure a big part of the building was collapsed, but not for the full width of the wingspan.
I hate f-ing morons who want to see something that simply isn

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 02 March 2007 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03

And remember, the part of the Pentagon that was hit was armored against such impacts. Which makes the hole smaller.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 02 March 2007 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27
Terry Austin - 02 March 2007 07:12 PM

And remember, the part of the Pentagon that was hit was armored against such impacts. Which makes the hole smaller.

Indeed, and here (in De Bijlmer) the plane also hit a inside corner making the building a bit stronger and thicker then the rest of it.
Note that the debris behind the building is mostly of the building. Most of the plane never came through. The building simply “ate” it.
Also note that the filled up Boeing just left from Schiphol airport en route to Tel Aviv and only managed to lose about a third of his fuel above the IJsselmeer.

The pin of the engine that broke was the forward pin which was of the wrong type and old and worn out. This made the engine plunge down hanging on it

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 07 March 2007 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-01-25

Thanks Beasjt, about time someone put some sense into the conspiracy nuts.

Signature 

Judge Alistair McCallum: “Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 07 March 2007 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Mortosaurus - 07 March 2007 12:20 PM

Thanks Beasjt, about time someone put some sense into the conspiracy nuts.

Good luck on that. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 March 2007 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-01-25

Yeah, no doubt someone will come back authoring a response such as:

“There was no trace of any impact from the wings because it was in fact a UFO carrying Elvis which crashed into the Pentagon as he was attempting to land and tell the CIA that he was in cahoots with Osama against the US, due to falling sales of his music. The futuristic materials used to construct said spaceship, and left as wreckage were taken away by Men in Black to be analysed at Area 444 (an even more secret alien research facility situated deep within the Earth’s core). ” A. N. Utjob

Signature 

Judge Alistair McCallum: “Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

1 of 1