Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

hi boo *hugs back*

Alex says I have a filthy mind downer

LOL

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Hmmm: I do find this spitting-image like spoof of “Waaaazzzaaaaaaap!!!!” quite hilarious….:

“Anthraaaaaaaaaaaaaaax!!!!!!!”

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19
LaMa - 29 September 2005 02:00 PM
Boo - 29 September 2005 09:48 AM

LOL
Very like Time Team, only with more paint and less dirt.
And we don’t get away with saying ‘it was probably used for ritual purposes’ when we don’t know what something is…
wink

Ah, so you already had noted this golden rule of archaeological discourse…..

An hi honey, by the way *hugs*. And you too Deedidums

Have you noticed that the Norfolk guy, with the ginger hair and un-cut fingernails always, ALWAYS says the items are Neolithic, in his thick country burr.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
Mort - 29 September 2005 02:16 PM

LOL
And we don’t get away with saying ‘it was probably used for ritual purposes’ when we don’t know what something is…
wink

Have you noticed that the Norfolk guy, with the ginger hair and un-cut fingernails always, ALWAYS says the items are Neolithic, in his thick country burr.

Probably because he is an expert in the Neolithic and that’s why he is given the task of commenting on neolithic artifacts…. The times I have been on radio or TV I tend to have said “these are Palaeolithic” as that is my specialization.

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09
Chuck - 29 September 2005 02:10 PM

hi boo *hugs back*

Alex says I have a filthy mind downer

LOL

The Alex spoke to you??????

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-19
LaMa - 29 September 2005 02:22 PM

LOL
wink

Probably because he is an expert in the Neolithic and that’s why he is given the task of commenting on neolithic artifacts…. The times I have been on radio or TV I tend to have said “these are Palaeolithic” as that is my specialization.

Have you not seen the show on our T.V? (Not sure if you guys get Ch 4 shows in Holland)

If you had you’d see that he does actually say it about EVERYTHING. He could pull out an old baked bean tin and say; “Well this looks almost Neolithic to me…”

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
Mort - 29 September 2005 02:30 PM

LOL
wink

Have you not seen the show on our T.V? (Not sure if you guys get Ch 4 shows in Holland)

If you had you’d see that he does actually say it about EVERYTHING. He could pull out an old baked bean tin and say; “Well this looks almost Neolithic to me…”

I have seen it one or two times and that is some time ago (I don’t have a TV since 3 years now).

Signature 

———

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-19
LaMa - 29 September 2005 02:34 PM

LOL
wink

I have seen it one or two times and that is some time ago (I don’t have a TV since 3 years now).

That’s probably a good thing considering the rubbish that passes for entertainemnt nowadays.

Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

Today I proved I am the most clumsy person on this planet, by the way. I managed to wound myself during a lesson in relaxation exercises…

Signature 

———

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05
Sir Stephen - 29 September 2005 02:29 PM

The Alex spoke to you??????

umm, not literally, he said that in the flirts for hire comments on the main page

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 29 September 2005 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
Mort - 29 September 2005 02:36 PM
LaMa - 29 September 2005 02:34 PM

LOL
wink

That’s probably a good thing considering the rubbish that passes for entertainemnt nowadays.

That’s exactly why I don’t miss a TV (I never have been much of a TV perrsoon anyway). I only miss it sometimes for the news. But then, there is internet for….

Signature 

———

3 of 45