1 of 2
Rumour: US Military Attempt Arrest of Vice President Cheney, 3 Reported Dead
Posted: 26 February 2007 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

Russian FSB sources are reporting today that an attempt by Special Forces Troops of the United States Military to arrest the American Vice President Cheney shortly after boarding his official plane in Australia has resulted in at least 3 dead and an unknown number of wounded.

These reports state that the United States Air Force, which is in control of the American Vice Presidents plane, sent an

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 26 February 2007 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Wow!
How many different ways can they say the same thing?

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 26 February 2007 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-03-07

I don’t believe the U.S. Military has the power to arrest the VP. The military cannot be used for domestic police work. And since orders to the military come from the President - it would seem pretty damn odd that the president would order the arrest of his VP. This sounds like a Weekly World News story.

Posted: 26 February 2007 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-03-07

After finally reading the article - why would you even post from such a source? It is a funny story, however.

Posted: 26 February 2007 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

So, American special forces raided Air Force Two in the middle of one of Australia’s main airports without anybody noticing, despite lots of witnesses watching the airplane and giving details about what it did?  That seems a tad unlikely.

. . .in an unprecedented move many of these Top United States Generals have threatened a mass resignation. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 26 February 2007 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Three deads aboard Cheney’s plane? Hasn’t he learned to stay away from his hunting riffles?

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 27 February 2007 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27
logic fan - 26 February 2007 06:00 PM

After finally reading the article - why would you even post from such a source? It is a funny story, however.

Posted because it

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 27 February 2007 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-12-08

Interesting story, there was no report of it in Australia. Sure the plane had minor problems. Just because Prime Minister Howard is in bed with Bush and Cheney, it does not mean the press will jump in as well. The

Posted: 01 March 2007 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-01
Accipiter - 26 February 2007 06:04 PM

So, American special forces raided Air Force Two in the middle of one of Australia’s main airports without anybody noticing, despite lots of witnesses watching the airplane and giving details about what it did?  That seems a tad unlikely.

. . .in an unprecedented move many of these Top United States Generals have threatened a mass resignation. . .

Posted: 01 March 2007 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-01
logic fan - 26 February 2007 05:56 PM

I don’t believe the U.S. Military has the power to arrest the VP. The military cannot be used for domestic police work. And since orders to the military come from the President - it would seem pretty damn odd that the president would order the arrest of his VP. This sounds like a Weekly World News story.

You should read Rogue Warrior books.  Written by the founder of Seal Team Six.  He will tell you all about the corruption in the Govt.  He will tell you how there are Rogue elements within the military and they don’t follow the same rules as everyone else. He pretty much doesn’t like any of the presidents and found leads to all kinds of dirt on them.

They are kinda like the computer programmers of a corporation.  They actually have more power then the president of the company.  The president is more likely to get fired then the programer.

Although many of the military are corrupt.  Not all of them are.  I am hoping there are still more heros within the ranks.  The military is our only hope.  If we don’t have them then we don’t have anything but God himself to help us. Lets pray there are some good guys working on our behalf.

Posted: 01 March 2007 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

With the exception of the first one, which is Marcinko’s autobiography, the remainging Rogue Warrior books are fictional and co-authored. He’s also written 2 or 3 self-help books.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 01 March 2007 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20
LaMa - 26 February 2007 06:13 PM

Three deads aboard Cheney’s plane? Hasn’t he learned to stay away from his hunting riffles?

LOL

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

1 of 2