1 of 2
conspiracy against arabs?
Posted: 28 January 2007 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-01-28

It s just that i heard something about it so i would like to know your thoughts and maybe that you can bring some answer to it
clearly: true or false?

Posted: 28 January 2007 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

More details please. What conspiracy? By whom? When?

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 28 January 2007 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Is there some group of people somewhere who have formed some sort of conspiracy with some sort of aims against some group of Arabs?  I would be very surprised if there wasn’t.  At the very least, business and military operations against various Arab groups (by other Arabs, even) would often involve some sort of conspiring.

There are probably even some groups out there who are wanting to act against all Arabs for being heathens/murderers/persecutors/oil-drillers/invaders/oppressors or other term of choice; any very large and prominent group of people will have some nutcases who feel it is their sacred duty to act against them.

Is there some vast global conspiracy against Arabs in general?  Not that I know of, but then it could just be that my membership letter got lost in the mail. . .

If you want your question to really have any hope of being answered, you need to give a few more details.  Mainly which conspirators, which Arabs, and what the purpose of the conspiracy is.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 January 2007 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

I don’t know about any conspiracy, but around this part of the country, there’s a lot of anti-Arab bigotry and irrational fears.  A couple of weeks ago someone was trying to defend the practice of profiling any Arab-looking traveler at Lambert Airport here in St. Louis.  I pointed out that terrorism in general is an extremely low threat to our safety (compared, for example, to traffic fatalities or even being hit by lightning).  Within terrorism, though, the main terrorist activities around here have been conducted by decidedly un-Arab people—like abortion-clinic bombings and such. 

Again, though, I think “conspiracy” is the wrong word.  Racuisim, irrational fears (possibly engendered intentionally for political and economic purposes)—yes.  Some amount of good ol’ American xenophobia—yes. 

At least around here, if you say “terrorist” most people will imagine an Arab.  There have also been specific instances of hate crimes (a guy was badly beaten here shortly after 9-11 strictly because he was a “rag-head”).

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 28 January 2007 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

I agree that terrorism is a small danger compared with other forms of violent death in the US, and it hasn’t been just Arabs that have done it.  Timothy McVeigh, anyone?  There are home grown groups that are to be worried about i.e. spirtual decendents of the Klue Klux Klan and various gangs

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 29 January 2007 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Lets not forget the Unabomber either.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 30 January 2007 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-05-20

Having said that, I should add that extremists certainly aren’t helping the cause of their coreligionists.  Just today, there’s this headline from Lebanon:  “Children’s foreheads slashed in Muslim’s saint’s name”  http://tinyurl.com/2wt5tf

I saw some similar stuff among Catholics when I lived in Ecuador.

Also, I’m a big fan of Richard Dawkins, and I agree with him that these aren’t just issues of “extremists” but the whole system where we aren’t allowed to challenge anything if it’s a matter of faith. 

I am definitely no fan of any kind of religion.  Still—the profiling and hate crimes directed against Muslims (especially here in the Midwest) is despicable.  (I don’t know, but I’d be willing to bet that the most vociferous bigots are themselves religiously motivated.)

Signature 

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 01 February 2007 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-01-28

sorry guys i didn t have time to post something because i was having exams so now that i ve finished with suffering, i read rapidly what you wrote and i think that s not a topic we can deal with without informations so i ll try to search a little bit more about it (if i have time because i m very busy with my studies)

thanks for replying to my first post (i hope that it s not the last!!)

Posted: 01 February 2007 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I read it as “Conspiracy against Crabs”. 

Now THAT would make for some interesting debate…..

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 01 February 2007 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

I can’t believe you would even bring up such a controversial subject as crabs on a message board!  Everytime I think about those damn crabs I just…

Ooooooo. angry

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 01 February 2007 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-05-20

Let’s see—oncologists work hard to fight cancer.  Cancer is Latin for “crab”.

It’s all falling into place now.

Now how do the Illuminati fit in?

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2007 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16
JoeDaJuggler - 02 February 2007 02:50 AM

Now how do the Illuminati fit in?

They’re using Life Wave patches?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

1 of 2