2 of 12
The Illuminati
Posted: 07 December 2006 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

I say it again and again: this whole “New World Order Conspiracy”-thing is religious mania. These guys always present it in religious terms.

It’s a modern version of the medieval Witch-hunts really. Same symbolism. Same rhetoric. Same faulty reasoning. Same hysteria.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 07 December 2006 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

It’s really quite simple. The Illuminati are an irresistible, secret order who can mastermind complex murderous plots like 9/11, fake wars and holocausts (and moon-landings), control entire continents and their governments and suppress the existence of everything from aliens to angels for centuries with not one single member ever being exposed.

If they didn’t want anyone to hear from Prabhupada, he would have vanished untraceably and been replaced by a perfectly schooled lookalike for the purposes of feeding yet more disinformation to the sheeple.

Clearly then this man is either a insignificant crank they can afford to ignore, or an imposter and part of the NWO’s plan. So what he says is either a waste of everybody’s time, or it must be subtly furthering the Illuminati cause.

(Well it makes as much sense as anything MD has come up with. And what’s more it has just as much evidence to support it!)

Posted: 08 December 2006 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

irresistible also starts with an I

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 08 December 2006 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
Mukunda dasa - 07 December 2006 06:22 PM

“This movement is not going to stop. It will go on.”

It already does.

Posted: 08 December 2006 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

That is one thing that always makes me wonder about so many of these conspiracy theories:  “They” always seem to have a tight grip over the media so that They can brainwash us, They can perform great and incredibly complex maneuvers without leaving any evidence behind, They have access to what’s apparently unlimited funding and unlimited manpower. . .and yet They can’t shut down a private website or stop publication of a book, even though we have 12-year-old kids crashing entire corporate computer systems without much difficulty.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 December 2006 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

People come up with these wacky theories to try and spice up life.  There must me more than the daily drudgery we call life, there must be some underlying meaning.  It is the continual pursuit of the meaning of life and of a higher power.
Either that or they are just mental and need to be institutionalized.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 08 December 2006 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

What always perturbs me is that these people frequently tell you to fight the brainwashing, groupthink, dogma, etc. and free yourself from the Illuminati, communist, NWO, Satanist, Republican, liberal conspiracy’s web of indoctrination, mindcontrol, ideology, etc.

And how do they say you can do this? By letting them tell you what to believe, what to think, what to eat, what to wear, what to say, and so on ad nauseum. If I’m a little short with these prats it’s because the only plot I can see for a ‘New World Order’ is the one whereby they get to tell everyone else what to do.

Posted: 08 December 2006 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05
Mukunda dasa - 07 December 2006 06:22 PM

Hare Krishna! Jaya Prabhupada!!!

Web site http://www.prabhupada.or.uk

dude, you are never going to convert anyone if you cannot format your urls properly…..I think you meant to put   http://www.prabhupada.org.uk

c’mon now, even the $cientologists realize the importance of correctly using the internet to spread the word.

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 09 December 2006 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Hmm—so let’s say I believe the garbled rantings of some lunatic prophet replete with conspiracy theories.  I feel the need to proselytize.  Where’s a good place to start. . .hmmmm. . . oh I know, I’ll post it on a forum about hoaxes.

I’ll bet they get a few converts every week from this forum.  Ditto the september12 guy.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 09 December 2006 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
JoeDaJuggler - 09 December 2006 05:40 PM

Hmm—so let’s say I believe the garbled rantings of some lunatic prophet replete with conspiracy theories.  I feel the need to proselytize.  Where’s a good place to start. . .hmmmm. . . oh I know, I’ll post it on a forum about hoaxes.

I’ll bet they get a few converts every week from this forum.  Ditto the september12 guy.

Well, there does seem to be a steady supply of such people posting on here.  So perhaps they’re just trying to communicate with each other.

Or else they’re just using us to try out their ideas and find any major flaws that they overlooked, so that they can have ready explainations for them before they go and invest money in making all their books and pamphlets and DVDs and things that they plan to sell for 6000% profit.

Or they’re just confused.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 10 December 2006 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Accipiter - 09 December 2006 11:10 PM

Or they’re just confused.

LOL I vote for that option.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

2 of 12