1 of 1
Hitler’s private home movies synchronized by lipreaders
Posted: 04 December 2006 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

When Adolf Hitler bought Eva Braun a movie camera, to film the people and parties which occurred at their Bavarian retreat, the technology to include synchronized sound had not yet been developed.

So when soldiers discovered Hitler’s private home movies, in the Berlin bunker where the Nazi leader took his own life, the tantalizing clips they unearthed, featuring leading members of the SS in a more relaxed mode, remained silent for 60 years.

Now, leading edge lip reading software has enabled German experts to re-voice these films and provide us with a chilling insight into Hitlers private world.

Link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=189608705425991617&hl=en

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 December 2006 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Remarkable film.  Three sides to this man, the public theatrical persona that made researcing and speech coaching and hiding failing health, his own private persona (the way he wanted to be viewed by his close associates and the way he wanted to perceive himself, and the persona that was real. 

I don’t think I’m probably stating this very well but after the discovery of these private films and the dubbing of what he actually was saying-even if in snatches, appears to be the real person who was an obsessive-compulsive, extremely judgemental, nick-picker and self-absorbed even toward his own self. 

I am shocked though (I didn’t know this) his fears of being accepted and his fear of having his own offspring because he was terrified they would be ‘genetically deficient’ or not hold up to the blonde-blue-eyed concept he preached as perfection.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 04 December 2006 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

A common side effect of methamphetamine usage is an increased sense of paranoia. Perhaps the fact that he was a meth addict contributed to and/or compounded his insanity.

Remember kids, crack is whack and meth is death….but, if ya’ don’t mind, pass that dutchie wink

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 04 December 2006 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2004-11-08

Fascinating film.  Too bad it cuts-off at the end.  I’d seen the Berchtesgaden clips many times, and always wondered what he was saying and esp what he sounded like in normal, conversational speech.  Think they’ve gotten very close, and the technology to do it seems well developed.  It is difficult to imagine the man as more than his ranting speeches and horrific deeds, but of course, he had a private life, too.

Signature 

Squirrels stole my garden gnome.  Then they ate his nuts!

Posted: 05 December 2006 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
stork - 05 December 2006 01:19 AM

Fascinating film.  Too bad it cuts-off at the end.  I’d seen the Berchtesgaden clips many times, and always wondered what he was saying and esp what he sounded like in normal, conversational speech.  Think they’ve gotten very close, and the technology to do it seems well developed.  It is difficult to imagine the man as more than his ranting speeches and horrific deeds, but of course, he had a private life, too.

Yup.  Along with everything else, he was also just a person.  For the most part, he probably wasn’t too much different from anybody else.

It’s just a few little details of his life that set him a bit apart from most of the rest of us. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

1 of 1