1 of 2
Now on eBay: Tuscan Whole Milk!
Posted: 02 December 2006 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

And look how the buyers respond! I ordered at once!!

Link:
Tuscan Milk

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 02 December 2006 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

question  Gosh.  Funny how eBay looks a lot like Amazon…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 02 December 2006 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Yeh, Amazon.  I looked on Ebay and didn’t find it there but MORE to the point, if this milk was produced in Tuscan as in Arizona’s Tuscan, I’d be a little concerned.  I was there for 2-1/2 months of pure Hell, the place smells like brimstone (sulfer) from front to end and up and down.  So what are the ‘demonic’ ingredients anyway that make this milk more special than other cattle, goat, water buffalo, etc. milk???

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 December 2006 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

What is it with this milk? It keeps popping up everywhere I read online. I used to buy it when I lived in New York, simply because that’s the brand that my corner deli stocked, and while I had no complaints about it, I didn’t find it to be particularly “gourmet” or anything. It was around the same price of every other carton of milk I bought, maybe a little more money than the grocery store, but corner deli’s always charged slightly higher on just about everything.

I’m assuming that link is one I’ve already been to when I first came across it. The reviews are a riot.

I just think it’s funny that amazon sells milk period, and I can’t imagine ordering milk online.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 02 December 2006 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2005-06-30
hulitoons - 02 December 2006 12:43 PM

if this milk was produced in Tuscan as in Arizona’s Tuscan

There is no Tuscan in Arizona, so they must mean the Italian one. That’s odd, as the Italians aren’t big milk-drinkers- they’re more into great cheese.

Posted: 02 December 2006 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2005-06-30

Read this. It explains a lot, I think.

Posted: 02 December 2006 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Yah Huli, you must be thinking of Tucson.  And, Tucson doesn’t smell like sulfur?  When were you here?

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 02 December 2006 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

It reeked of the odor of sulfer and the fragrance was, by everyone I spoke to, something you eventually got used to.  I never did but I also didn’t stick around very long.  I was there in 1995.

Okay, I read the name of the milk after first waking up….not ‘Tuscon’ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 December 2006 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10
hulitoons - 02 December 2006 08:39 PM

It reeked of the odor of sulfer and the fragrance was, by everyone I spoke to, something you eventually got used to.  I never did but I also didn’t stick around very long.  I was there in 1995.

Weird.  I am just a temporary resident here.  I only moved here 4.5 years ago and generally move back and forth from San Diego depending on the season.  I have never, even when i first visited, noticed a sulfur smell.

Then again, the city has grown a lot since then.  Arizona currently has one of the highest growth rates in the US.  According to this website (http://www.ersys.com/usa/04/0477000/growth.htm) the Tucson population has grown by almost 17% between 1990 and 2000, and my guess is that that doesn’t include the cities on Tucson’s border like Marana which were just about non-existent 15 years ago.

Growth and urban sprawl has been spreading quickly and pushing back the agricultural areas to far outside the city borders.  My guess is that it was many of the agricultural sections that were making the whole city smell back in 1995, whereas now they’ve been moved much farther away.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 02 December 2006 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

It was large then, but your stats show it a LOT larger. 

It’s possible that if you have resided in and around this desert for a number of years even before going to Arizona, you may not be as aware of the odor as I was coming from the very far eastern portion of the country.  Most of the people who seem to notice it, along with me, were those who had recently migrated or were tourists from the heartlands and the east.  To our noses it was very keen and even cloying.  Those who had lived there for many years admitted that they too were overwhelmed by it at first but no longer noticed it. 

I do not believe it was farming areas arousing the aroma since I saw absolutely nothing indicating livestock or areas having been fertilized.  The most fragranced areas were the wide open arid areas where not a building or structure was to be found for many miles.  It was not as bad within the city though it was still there. 

I don’t know much at all about the United States or California or how close you may live to the desert from either area.  I did live (and played) on the edges of the deserts in North Africa and the smell there was not the same. 

I has supposed, though never asked anyone, that this might have been the result of the ocean having long ago been located in this wider area?  Perhaps it was salt residue from what was once a sea bed?

Signature 

Posted: 02 December 2006 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Fight! Fight! Fight!

*cough*
Sorry.
wink

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 03 December 2006 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Hot sun beating down on mineral rich desert soil and rock could create a sulfur smell, but another more insidious cause could be ozone.

I have heard people mention that the desert areas near Las Vegas smell like sulfur as well, and apparently the cause over there is high levels of ozone.

Personally, I’ve found some of the desert areas around Los Angeles to smell rather eggy. Nothing offensive, just a whiff here and there. I have no idea if it was pollution or natural minerals in the area. My friends who lived there thought I had a brain tumor because they couldn’t smell it. smile

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

1 of 2