THE LIAR TEST
Posted: 20 November 2006 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

http://www.queendom.com/tests/minitests/fx/liar.html

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 November 2006 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  827
Joined  2005-10-20

I’m being optomistic and saying that 50 is a good score for me.

Signature 

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Posted: 20 November 2006 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

10, but then they’re mostly hypothetical questions. 

And prepare for popup city if you visit the site.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 20 November 2006 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Lo behold, I scored zero!

Abraham Lincoln would be proud of you - you are as honest as they come. Your answers showed that you are usually able to resist the temptation to tell boldface lies or even stretch the truth to serve your own purposes. You seem to recognize the importance of honesty not only in interpersonal relationships, but also as a sign of personal integrity. Shooting from the hip, you know, is not always easy. Lying, after all, can get you out of some tight spots and even help you get the things you desire most. But, for you, the “victory” would be hollow if you had to use low-down, sneaky tactics to get there. The people in your life surely appreciate your candor, as long as it is always handled with optimal tact. Way to go!

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 20 November 2006 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

But wouldn’t the best liars actually score best in this LIAR test…they would lie after all?!?!!!

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 20 November 2006 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Eep. 60. Does your age and gender effect the results?

Remember the boy who cried wolf? Along the same vein, Aesop once wrote, “A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.” You’re not a hard-core fibber, but you do give in to the temptation to blur the truth from time to time. You may convince yourself that it’s only human and no real harm is done, but in reality you could be causing problems in your relationships. Once you’re caught telling a falsehood, people will place less trust in your word. And, of course, there is the tendency even the most innocent of lies have to snowball and end up doing more damage than intended. Consider the consequences of your fabrications, and put some thought into changing your behavior. Since your score was in the middle, you’re already halfway there.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 20 November 2006 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

Damn Thunder, I don’t know that I can every trust you again.  downer

tongue wink

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 20 November 2006 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Results of “The Test” 
How much of a liar are you?

Your score = 0

Abraham Lincoln would be proud of you - you are as honest as they come. Your answers showed that you are usually able to resist the temptation to tell boldface lies or even stretch the truth to serve your own purposes. You seem to recognize the importance of honesty not only in interpersonal relationships, but also as a sign of personal integrity. Shooting from the hip, you know, is not always easy. Lying, after all, can get you out of some tight spots and even help you get the things you desire most. But, for you, the “victory” would be hollow if you had to use low-down, sneaky tactics to get there. The people in your life surely appreciate your candor, as long as it is always handled with optimal tact. Way to go!

I don’t think that can really accurately gague…I lie a lot.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 20 November 2006 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16

Also scored 0.  Which is accurate for me.

But this test is way too easy to falsify answers on.  “Be honest, so we can see how much of a liar you are.”  Riiiiiiiiiight.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 21 November 2006 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Your score = 10

Hmmm. . .basically it’s all about what you do in a relationship, or what other people think of you.  So you could really be a professional con man and still get a good score on this test when answering every question honestly.

But, for you, the “victory” would be hollow if you had to use low-down, sneaky tactics to get there.

Hah, that shows how much they know!  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 November 2006 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

I haven’t taken this test, and hence did not score really, really badly thankyou!

Posted: 21 November 2006 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Little Miss Goodie-Two-Shoes, I am…Nil score for me, too.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

1 of 2