1 of 1
Eunuchs as tax collectors
Posted: 10 November 2006 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

I suggest we follow this example by India, and make Eunuchs of all tax collectors (so we can be sure they will not breed)...

O wait, that is not what the article says…

Full Story here (from CNN)

Indian eunuchs help collect taxes

PATNA, India (AP)—One cash-strapped Indian city has launched a unique collection service to dislodge payment from tax deadbeats: Door-to-door eunuchs.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 10 November 2006 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

Well, technically they’re hijra (i.e. transexuals) and may not actually be castrated.

I’m not sure sending in the ‘ladyboys’ would have quite the same effect in Texas or Utah (the US’s most conservative states).

Posted: 10 November 2006 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Whatever David….....I’d be VERY stubborn, frustrated and irritated if I didn’t know for sure what sex I was, or what gender to be attracted to….in fact, I’d be more than just a bit ‘testy’.  No wonder eunucks make good tax collectors.  Hopefully being one isn’t a necessary part of the job description I hope.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

1 of 1