While bored out of my mind at work today, I was thinking about how a friend of mine had described the shooter of the Amish children in PA. She said that “his cheese had slipped off of his cracker”. I think that is an endlessly amusing term, so I was wonder what other stuff I could come up with. I was also interested in seeing posts from others and their favorite colloquialisms for “crazy”.
Ones I came up with:
* “A fried chicken short of a church picnic” (I heard that in a song by Rev. Billy C. Wirtz).
* Off his nut.
* The lights are on but nobody’s home.
* Loco en la cabeza.
* ... not the sharpest tool/knife in the shed/drawer.
* ... as sharp as a bowling ball. (From Foghorn Leghorn).
* The old standby of being “nuttier than a fruitcake.”
* One fry short of a happy meal.
* He’s loony toony and oofty mcgoofty. (From another Warner Brother’s cartoon; I think Daffy Duck was in it.)
Anyone care to add to the list?