1 of 1
Bisquick and brains (or lack thereof)
Posted: 11 September 2005 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2005-06-30

One of my friends was telling me about the email she got which went something like this:

I was walking along a street on a hot day, when I noticed the car. It was a black sedan, with silver trim-very nice looking. As I passed the dark windows, I noticed a lady sitting in the front seat with her hands clasped behind her head.  she seemed to be asleep, although I could not see how, in a hot car like that. I passed the car and went to the library and spent a few hours studying there. As I walked home, I passed the black sedan again- and there was the lady, in the same position I had seen her in two hours ago. I tapped on the glass of the window, and the lady leaned over and opened the window a crack so we could talk. “excuse me, mam,” I said, “But I was wondering if you were alright.” the Lady said, “oh, thak goodness someone noticed I was here! call 911 right away!”
I pulled out my cell phone and asked her, “What is the matter?” “Well, a few hours ago, I was driving along, coming home from the groceery store when I heard a crack like a gunshot, and felt a pain on the back of my head. I parked the car, and felt the place where I had felt the pain- and there was some doughy stuff there- My brains! I have been sitting here, trying to keep my brains in, when you came along.”

I dialed 911, and a team of medics came along and hauled her off to the emergency room. A few days later, the report came out: since it had been such a hot day, the lady’s can of bisquick had exploded, hitting her with a bit of plastic in the back of her head. she had reached back and felt some biscuit dough, and beliveing it was her brains had sat in the hot car for hours. She was treated for heatstroke, and released from the hospital two days later.

_______
Well, guys? what do you think?

LOL

Posted: 11 September 2005 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

the first time i heard it, it was a blonde joke. I think it’s funny!

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 12 September 2005 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I think it’s one of those unconfirmed stories.  Could’ve happened…but no proof of it anywhere.

My mom and I were making monkey pull apart bread the other day, and when we went to open the bisquit thing…bisquit shot out and got into my eye.  I didn’t think my eye was falling out - but I did wonder if it had knocked my contact out.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 12 September 2005 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.htm

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 12 September 2005 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Did you REALLY have to check Snopes for that? Jeez.

By the way, a friend of a friend was babysitting one night in a tower block when the phone rang, and the voice on the other end told her that he was coming to get her and he was on the 1st floor…...

Oh, right…..

(Sarcasm-o-meter going through the roof)

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 12 September 2005 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Beg your pardon?
I didn’t have to check Snopes to see if it were real, however I knew I had read it whilst browsing there, and it has some of the history behind when it was first circulated.
I’m sorry if that in some way offended your sensibilities.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 12 September 2005 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

She was just trying to be helpful and she has a migraine, dammit!  Heh…anywho.

Among urban legends…my mom’s friend in highschool was babysitting, and her boyfriend startled her, and she stabbed him with a knife.  The story escalated to the boyfriend being killed…but my mom says he was really just punctured.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

1 of 1

‹‹ September 11...a hoax???      Eye of God. ››