29 of 32
Woohoo! I won a million Euros!
Posted: 22 February 2012 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Hey, I wouldn’t mind owning a chunk of Tunisia… Yes, Tatooine is actually a place, where they filmed.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 22 February 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

Weather for Tatooine here

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 23 February 2012 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Robin Bobcat - 22 February 2012 08:49 PM

Hey, I wouldn’t mind owning a chunk of Tunisia… Yes, Tatooine is actually a place, where they filmed.

That’s what I get for forgetting I was talking to fellow geeks - I was going to say Hoth or Dagobah, but dumbed it down!  wink

I’ve wanted to go and visit the filming site for ages. smile

Peter, that’s awesome!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 24 February 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17

To: Undisclosed recipients:
Compliments,

I am Ian Ridd, a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney/sole executor to the late Mr. Adams who died in a car accident with his immediate family in East London on the 5Th of November 2007 and Left behind a large deposit of money in a bank here in the UK (15.2 Million Pounds).

The finance company contacted me, as his attorney to provide his Next of Kin. I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name giving you the advantage so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you and then both of us can share the money, 60% to me and 40% to you. Please get back to me on my private email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for further details.

To facilitate the process of this transaction, urgently forward to me
Your full names,
Telephone and fax numbers,
Address,
Age,
Marital status,
Occupation
For privacy and confidentiality reply using my email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or Tel/Fax: +447092985165. I will be expecting to hear from you.
Best regards

Ian Ridd

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 24 February 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

So, your last name is Adams now, is it? LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 24 February 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17

Apparently so!

Signature 

Research Mod

- The Watchtower

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 24 February 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

A lot of recent spammers seem to be of the opinion that you share their ethics, and will often send information to the ‘wrong’ email,  prompting folks to try and secure the money for themselves. Of course, this gives them an ‘out’ in the form of ‘you aren’t who we thought you were, you get nothing,and we’re keeping your advance fee nyah’..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 25 February 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Yesterday I received an e-mail from a company that addressed specifically hulitoons.com requesting that I permit them to advertise on my site for which I would be paid.

I did look them up and it’s a firm that hosts site information and search engine info.  Of course I PAY for my domain as well as monthly fees to tripod/lycos to keep advertisements OFF my site.  And Tripod keeps detailed records of all activity on my site (which is often amazing to me that there IS so much activity there).

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 February 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

I received a jorb offer in my work email that stated that they had accessed my profile listed in NeoGov (I work for the State of Michigan and all of our State job offers are processed through NeoGov by our Human Resources office) and I am pretty sure that the system has outside participants, but can only guess that the users who accessed my profile did so through unauthorized methods because I did NOT apply for the type of jorb offer they were seeking applicants for AND the thing that bothered me most is that I have a great deal of personal information (including my Social Security Number) entered into that database since I was ensured that the information was secure by our Human Resources staff. blank stare

Not sure that qualifies as “A million Euros” worthy… but similar to your issue Huli and shows how haxxors get into the system and do their dirty work.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 28 February 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

I wonder how much I won this time… and what season it is (wabbit season maybe?)

Hello,

Compliment of the season! How are you and together with your family? I
wish to inform you that I have succeeded to negotiate with our bank on the
ATM and they have assigned their ATM officer who will assist you in that
regard.

It will interest you to know that as soon as your ATM is credited in your
name. It will be deliver to you in your country within the next few days
via courier service. I have tried to reach you on phone but all my effort
proved abortive.

Get back to me as soon as you view this message!

Sincerely,

Melinda Agadzi (Mrs.)

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 29 February 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Received by fax at work yesterday…

Sharrah Mediah 21
Daharah, #5, 7th Floor
PO Box 08715, Tarabulus,
Tripoli, Libya

Dear Sir,

My Name is Dr. Lihad Al-Muftah a top official in the former government of Col. Gadafi of Libya.

My country is presently at war and destabilized due to the death and removal of Col Gaddafi by force by the western allied forces and all the former friends and associate of the past government are being persecuted and imprisoned by the new revolutionary government therefore we are all moving our money out of Libya.

I want you to quickly help me receive and keep the sum of US$15.5millon in Australia.

I have agreed to give you 25% of the said money for your assistance.

It is very urgent, Please reply me urgently on my private email:
dr.lihmuftah@yahoo.com or my internet fax number +17163626330

I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as possible.

Regards
Dr. Lihad Al-Muftah
dr[dot]lihmuftah[at]yahoo[dot]com

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

29 of 32