1 of 1
Own your own tank
Posted: 08 September 2006 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

I can’t figure out if this is a hoax or if it’s for real.

http://blogs.theage.com.au/entertainment/archives/2006/09/last_laugh_a_ta.html#064224

Main site is at:

http://www.naodesign.net/

Have fun

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 08 September 2006 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

Dunno, but in the UK you can buy one of these…

...from Tanks For Sale!

I was going to get one, but apparently it doesn’t come in Pacific Blue.

Posted: 08 September 2006 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2005-09-23

Tanks are cool but I’d like a DUCK, one of the WW2 landing crafts. A true all-terrain vehicle!

Posted: 08 September 2006 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Some girl who went to a local highschool had a dad who owned a pretty big tank, which he did up, so she and i think 6 friends went to prom in it (they decorated the inside with a disco ball etc I believe, and her dad drove). I’d definitely remember prom if I turned up in that!

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 09 September 2006 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, technically those are APCs, not tanks, but I suppose I’ll let that slide. . .

And it’s really rather easy to buy one, especially one of the old Soviet-designed ones.  It used to be that you could get a fully-functional BMP or BTR for just a few Levi’s jeans and cans of Folger’s coffee (I suppose you’d need to throw in a few cartons of Marlboro cigarettes in order to get an actual tank).  The little technical problem is that in many places it’s not legal to own them, or else not to drive them on public roads.  And most governments frown on their citizens having a 55-mm cannon mounted on an armoured vehicle, too.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 September 2006 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Well, gee, what is the mileage?

I read in Flying Magazine an article written by a man who purchased a Mig fighter from China (legally, through the proper channels) and when it arrived, it still had the machine guns in the wings (no bullets).

Interestingly enough, before it wold fly properly ( he had to remvoe the guns, of course), but they had to fill the voids from the guns with dead weight, to make the plane fly properly.

You know, a tank to haul to little boy’s bithday parties could be a pretty profitable enterprise.  Imagine a clown standing up in the turret, dodging pies, and water shooting out the cannon barrel.  What a party!

I smell money!

Dan the Entrepeneur

Posted: 10 September 2006 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
Dan Jr. - 10 September 2006 02:54 AM

You know, a tank to haul to little boy’s bithday parties could be a pretty profitable enterprise.  Imagine a clown standing up in the turret, dodging pies, and water shooting out the cannon barrel.  What a party!

I smell money!

Dan the Entrepeneur

Not a bad idea…but you should put cake flour in the big gun part & then tell everyone it’s anthrax.  That would be SO funny.  smile

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

1 of 1