4 of 79
Nuclear War Set For 09/12/06….crap, 14 days before my b-day
Posted: 06 September 2006 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Aww acci, thanks for spelling it out, I understand now!

6 Days to go, say goodbye to your loved ones people!

(bye loved ones!)

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 07 September 2006 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2006-09-02

Laugh it up make fun of me but i will be back in 5 days September13,2006. And we will see whos eating there words.

Question: If Nuclear war starts September 12 then what will you have to say then.

Check this site out it explains also a little bit better of why and how it going to occur.  http://www.september12th2006.com

Posted: 07 September 2006 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16

From the website:

This is based on an interpretation of scripture not some heaven sent message that someone whispered in our ear.

Yes.  Because interpretation now of scripture that is approximately 2000 years old and has been translated into and out of different languages is so much more accurate than at any other time in the past.

Question: If Nuclear war starts September 12 then what will you have to say then.

If (big if wink) nuclear war does start I think I’ll have more important things to worry about than coming here to see what you have to say or tell you that you were right.  Though you’ll apparently have the time to come around and tell us all, “I told you so.”

I’m glad I have a three day weekend, though.  I’m due back to work on Tuesday, September 12…or not!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 07 September 2006 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2004-11-08

Oh, you’ll have lots of time, Tah.  Remember, according to this sweet, little prediction, nuclear war Starts in the Middle East.  Strange, how if these are a sect of fundamentalists, that they don’t seem to acknowledge the predictions in the ‘Revelation to John’, that a Middle Eastern war, ending in the battle of Armageddon - would be the Final battle of humanity.  And it would stand to reason, then, that a thermonuclear war begun in the Middle East this year would sort of negate the chances for that.  Umm, when does Australia get nuked? And why?

Signature 

Squirrels stole my garden gnome.  Then they ate his nuts!

Posted: 07 September 2006 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
hulitoons - 02 September 2006 10:20 PM

Aside from the bible (and gnostic passages) though, I’d really like to know about and see prophesies from other religious beliefs and whether or not they each support what continues to crop up in Christian verses.

Now, Hulitoons, that is a great idea!  You know, if one did find corresponding prophecies (predictions?) it would be quite interesting.  But, after thinking on it just a bit, the way passages are twisted and convoluted to suit one’s own purpose, I suppose doing it in two different books to get a match would not really be that remarkable.

But I also wonder something else:  A nuclear war that lasts 13 months?  How about 13 minutes?  Isn’t that more likely?

Einstein is reported to have said, after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasake, ‘I do not know what WWIII will be like, but I do know that wars after that will be fought with sticks and stones.’

Right at this minute, there is a dedicated group of Jehovahs Witnesses who are attempting to introduce the Word Of God (their version, of course, but that is understandable), to every one in the entire world, because they interpret the Bible to say the world cannot end until after that happens, so they are taking that task upon themselves, I guess so the world can hurry up and end.

Well, I am reading ‘Winds Of War’ right now, all about WWII, of course, and there werre certainly a lot of people convinced that the Fuhrer was indeed the anti-Christ.  But, alas, he did not take over the world, and the Angels did not come down from Heaven, there was no Armageddon, and life goes on.

Hmmmmmm…....

Dan the Almost-A-History-Commentator

Posted: 07 September 2006 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2004-11-08

You make a couple good points, Dan Jr, and you quote Professor Einstein correctly, good job.  Oh, and no - a world-wide nuclear war, if possible, is anticipated to last from 9-16 months, just ask the DoD.  That length of time would not help you, of course, if you were anywhere near ground zero for any of the multiple thermonuclear warheads that would be received from multiple missle strikes. You’re toast.  Now I’m wondering, tho - along the lines of what hulitoons said, what does Islam say about the final end-times?  There must be something, I’m just not familiar with the Koran or any of the rest of “One of the world’s great religions”, which quote I must despicably attribute to George W. Bush.  Sorry, folks, now I’ll go purge.

Signature 

Squirrels stole my garden gnome.  Then they ate his nuts!

Posted: 08 September 2006 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
stork - 08 September 2006 03:25 AM

Oh, and no - a world-wide nuclear war, if possible, is anticipated to last from 9-16 months, just ask the DoD.

That would depend on whether it actually started as a war involving nuclear weapons, or else if it starts as a conventional war and gradually worked its way up to nukes.  Also, on who started using them; if someplace like Israel started nuking its neighbours, it would only have a few little tactical nukes and wouldn’t have any real range with them.  It wouldn’t be until China or Russia or the US or someplace got involved that we’d all start glowing in the dark.

Now I’m wondering, tho - along the lines of what hulitoons said, what does Islam say about the final end-times?  There must be something, I’m just not familiar with the Koran.

That would be al-Qiyamah, the Muslim Judgement Day.  The details vary a bit from sect to sect, of course, but you can probably find all sorts of descriptions of it online.  Or you can try looking in the Quran, it starts describing that towards the end, around the 70th chapter or so (and the suras at that point are only a few paragraphs long, so it’s not heavy reading).  It does have a lot in common with Jewish and Christian ideas, though, being based at least partially on the old Hebrew prophets.  Basically an angel will blow his horn when least expected and everybody will keel over, and Muhammad and Jesus and Moses will show up, and then Allah spends the next 50,000 years judging each individual in great detail.  If they went astray or were never on the right path to begin with, they go to Hell.  If they’ve done well, they go to Paradise.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 September 2006 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Oh, I know there will be lots of time, stork.  After all, I pointed out at the beginning that Chuck would still get birthday presents. wink

I’m relatively new here, but I’ve grown fond of MoH and check the boards pretty regularly.  And with that I will say that it will be heart-wrenching, but I stand by my previous statement.  If nuclear war does start on Tuesday I’ll have more important things to worry about than coming here to check in on this thread, let alone the boards.

Of course, that’s assuming that it is a nuclear war that starts and not just some skirmish that will eventually escalate.

September 13th: “Oh ho!  Did you see?  Insurgents in Iraq killed some soldiers yesterday.  It’s the start of the nuclear war just like we said!!!” rolleyes

Of course, there is that whole Iran and nuclear capabilities thing developing lately…

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 08 September 2006 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

I wouldn’t buy that explanation Tah as it has been stated several times that a nuclear war will start on the 12th.

www.september12-2006.com - 07 September 2006 11:50 PM

So nothing short of an actual nuclear strike will have an impression on me. So all you whack jobs out there, save us from your idiotic justifications on the 13th. I will accept only your sincere apology for being so horribly wrong. smile

Good News..If I am wrong, like Tah said, I will have bigger things to take care of then to come on MoH to see what you have to say.

Bad News..If you are wrong, we will all have plenty of time to make fun of you LOL

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 08 September 2006 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2006-09-02
Dan Jr. - 08 September 2006 02:46 AM
hulitoons - 02 September 2006 10:20 PM

Aside from the bible (and gnostic passages) though, I’d really like to know about and see prophesies from other religious beliefs and whether or not they each support what continues to crop up in Christian verses.

But I also wonder something else:  A nuclear war that lasts 13 months?  How about 13 minutes?  Isn’t that more likely?

It wont be Nuclear war for 13 months straight. It will start, then we have 13 months until four fifths of the earths population is wiped out leaving 2 biilion people left. \

Posted: 08 September 2006 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Oh. That almost makes things even more exciting. Now I’m waiting on baited breath.

Of course, I’ll completely forget about it on Sunday and Monday while I’m watching (American) football. But then when I get to work on Tuesday and realize the hotel is still sold out I’ll be hoping for the nuclear war so we can have a few no-shows to even things out.

Hmm. I don’t think this was mentioned previously. Anyone else wondering if September 12 was picked to be coincidental with the five year anniversary of 9/11 (planes into the Twin Towers), which was also on a Tuesday? Hmmm…

*Removes tongue from cheek*

Signature 

4 of 79