2 of 3
Lonelygirl15 a hoax ?
Posted: 11 September 2006 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

By the way, whenever I try to go to http://www.lonelygirl15.com, my browser says “This IP address cannot be used for browsing.”  Anyone know what that’s suppose to mean?

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 11 September 2006 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I get this message:
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

I thought she was cute - and whenever I saw a post here about her…I would log onto youtube & watch more videos.  They were entertaining at least.  Some videos are pretty stupid.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 11 September 2006 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26042
Joined  2004-11-08

Either they took the site down or it’s been inundated with hits and failed.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 13 September 2006 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

Creators of Lonelygirl15 Blogs Go Public

LOS ANGELES - The creators behind the Internet video mystery teen Lonelygirl15 have revealed themselves and want their fans to know they are not a front for a big Hollywood studio marketing some upcoming film.

Instead, the three friends launched the adventures of the doe-eyed, 16-year-old homeschooled “Bree” as an experiment in storytelling that they intend to continue on their own Web site that was launched Tuesday.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 13 September 2006 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

She’s still a hottie… whoever, or whatever she is…

smirk

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 17 September 2006 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

lonelygirl15 has finally been exposed.  http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/09/13/online.mystery.ap/

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 17 September 2006 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16
Razela - 17 September 2006 10:49 PM

lonelygirl15 has finally been exposed.  http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/09/13/online.mystery.ap/

Tah - 13 September 2006 08:12 PM

LOS ANGELES - The creators behind the Internet video mystery teen Lonelygirl15 have revealed themselves and want their fans to know they are not a front for a big Hollywood studio marketing some upcoming film.

Instead, the three friends launched the adventures of the doe-eyed, 16-year-old homeschooled “Bree” as an experiment in storytelling that they intend to continue on their own Web site that was launched Tuesday.

Thanks. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 18 September 2006 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10
Tah - 18 September 2006 03:38 AM
Razela - 17 September 2006 10:49 PM

Tah - 13 September 2006 08:12 PM

Thanks. wink

Ooops, sorry.  I should have been more specific.  The article you posted is from when the creators admitted to the hoax.  So technically you’re right, that’s when it was determined to be a definite hoax.  But my article is from a few years later after some people tracked down exactly who the creators and the actors are and the whole story has finally come out.  In other words, now we know “who” did it, not just that they did it.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 18 September 2006 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

“A few years later”??  What was I thinking.  A few days later of course

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 18 September 2006 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16
Razela - 18 September 2006 07:29 AM

Ooops, sorry.  I should have been more specific.  The article you posted is from when the creators admitted to the hoax.  So technically you’re right, that’s when it was determined to be a definite hoax.  But my article is from a few years later after some people tracked down exactly who the creators and the actors are and the whole story has finally come out.  In other words, now we know “who” did it, not just that they did it.

Actually, both of our articles are from the 13th.  The one I posted does have more details in it.  There is more to the article than the little bit I quoted.  I should have specified that.

But it’s not a big deal.  I just got a chuckle from it and thought I’d point it out. wink LOL

Signature 

Posted: 21 September 2006 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

Heh ooops, sorry.  There should be a law against posting in the middle of the night. =)

I read some other articles from a day or two before, so maybe I assumed it was the same one.  Sorry =)

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

2 of 3