1 of 3
Lonelygirl15 a hoax ?
Posted: 16 August 2006 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-08-16

Hey everyone, I’m new here but I been reading the website for a long time. Well here is the problem. There is this member on the website Youtube and her name in Lonelygirl15. It seems like a normal video blog but there are a couple problems.

1.She got to famous to fast.
2.In her video the right side of her face is always lit which is something the pros do.
3.Her fan site http://www.lonelygirl15.com was made 1 month before her youtube profile.
4.She says her parents are strict but they let her has an boy who 2 years older than her (she’s 16 he’s 18) in her room alone with the door closed.

Maybe it just me but it seems to much like That Girl Emily and you know what happen with that.

If anyone knows anything about it ore her post it on here, I like to know more about it. Thanks.

Here is “Bree’s” youtube profile http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lonelygirl15

Signature 

If everyone on “24” followed Jack Bauer’s instructions, it would be called “12”.

Posted: 16 August 2006 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I guess I gotta wonder what your definition of famous is.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 16 August 2006 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

I’m not sure why anyone would be a fan, she’s not interesting.  Either they’re incredibly pathetic or it’s an attempt at viral marketing.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 16 August 2006 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-08-16

Sorry Bebelicious, I should have said that she been getting alot of views on youtube in a short time

Signature 

If everyone on “24” followed Jack Bauer’s instructions, it would be called “12”.

Posted: 16 August 2006 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

The photo looks professional, her pose is pro, she is older than 16, I bet it is an FBI sting-thingy.

Dan the Overly Suspicious

Posted: 17 August 2006 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Milky Way, as an avid YouTube fanatic, I was wondering about her as well.  Her videos shot to the “most viewed” soon after she became a member.  I always assumed they were professionally done.  It looks better then the videos that individuals tend to make.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 18 August 2006 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

hmmm FBI sting… *click* let

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 27 August 2006 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

Also, she has a habit of commenting on other “popular” youtube members profile pages.  Basically just advertising herself.  It’s all very fishy.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 08 September 2006 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0908youtube-mystery08-ON.html

Here’s a good article I recently found about lonelygirl15.  My vote goes with viral marketing campaign for a horror film.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 09 September 2006 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

The article says some amatuer computer slueths tracked a lot of the emails to her or comments or whatever to an IP address for Creative Artists Agency.  Apparently, she is going to be involved in a religious ceremoney (her parents are religious, but supposedly she never says exactly how) on 10-12-06 which the slueths also determined to be Aleister Crowley’s birthday.  Oh, and she has to go on a special diet for it.  She also alludes to 10-12-06 in one of her videos.  Oh, and this girl with the religious parents apparently has a picture of Aleister in her room. 

So anyway, I’m thinking…...

If somebody called Child Protection Services…. would they be obligated to find her IP address and home and look into it, on the grounds that human sacrifice might be imminent? 

Now THAT outcome would be entertaining!!!!!!

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 11 September 2006 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1868498,00.html

Yesterday her “creators” came clean, admitting the site was fake. In a posting on lonelygirl15.com labelled “A message from the creators”, the unnamed makers of the videos adopted a more conventional entertainment industry tone. “Thank you for enjoying our show so far. We are amazed by the overwhelmingly positive response to our videos; it has exceeded our wildest expectations.”

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 11 September 2006 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10

Awww…admiting it’s a fake destroys all the fun of trying to prove it’s a fake.  Fake or not, I’ve been following the story in her videos and enjoying them.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

1 of 3