1 of 1
Colorgenics?
Posted: 11 July 2006 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

Colorgenics

I’m not sure what to make of this… you get a profile, but it seems like hocus-pocus to me.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 11 July 2006 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26042
Joined  2004-11-08

You have always been on the move seeking affectionate, satisfying and harmonious relationships. Your ultimate goal has been the realisation of an intimate union in which there could be love, self-sacrifice and mutual trust. It has often been said that ‘True love is just around the corner’ and - if you haven’t found it as yet - you possibly soon will.

In the past there have been - and maybe there still are - many things that you have had to do without. You have now decided to set your sights on a position or situation that could give you greater prestige and which will afford you considerable self esteem.

Being a very proud individual, you tend to hold yourself aloof pretending that you are stoical - indifferent to pain and pleasure. This is not so, for in truth you are an extremely emotional individual, one that may make a hasty decision and perhaps regret it at leisure. It is time now to break the bond of detachment and be the ‘you’ that you would like to be - give vent to your emotions and enjoy yourself.

It is said that we are all influenced by our environment and indeed you are no exception. It would seem at this time that even though you may be surrounded by people, you are experiencing an inner loneliness. Fortunately you are sufficiently strong minded to realise that life has a great deal to offer you and that you may miss your share of experiences if you fail to make the best use of every opportunity. You therefore pursue your objectives with a fierce intensity and are prepared to commit yourself deeply and readily. You believe that whatever you would like to do or think ‘you can do’ - you do! It is because of this attitude that you may be considered by others as arrogant and even conceited, but its fair to say that whatever it is that you really want out of life you will put your heart and soul into it and will not take ‘NO’ for an answer.

You have so many ideas that you would like to revitalise but you need to realise a stable and peaceful condition to do so. Once you can free yourself from all the aggravation and tension around you, you will make strides that may amaze you. You will not be prevented from achieving all the things you so desire.

This sounds EXACTLY like a horoscope.  It applies to 99% of the people who read it.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 11 July 2006 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Is it that you are working - or even playing - too hard?

Nope.

Because it would seem that you are experiencing a great deal of pent-up emotion at this time which could possibly take effect and lead to irrational behaviour.

LOL As ever!

You are very self-sufficient and methodical.

*sniggers*

You presume to know where you are going but need to find a person who will recognise the way you are, not be too demanding and who is, as they say in Italy, ‘Simpatico’.

Does Matt not count for that?

Many people will consider you egotistical and full of your own self importance.

Oh, probably.

On the surface you could well give this impression and perhaps the reason for this complacent attitude is because at times you indeed have that ‘short fuse’ and are quick to take offence.

Complacent, and (essentially) non-complacent? But yup, I go off at the drop of a hat.

You pretend that you are a carefree individual and that nothing really bothers you - that you are so self-sufficient that whatever problems beset you they simply flow off you as water flows off a ducks back.

Nah, everyone knows that’s a feeble facade. wink

You are experiencing considerable stress, trying to conceal yourself from the rest of the world. In actual fact - deep down, you are not at all happy. You feel lonely and you need someone with whom you can ‘Let your hair down’ and share your hopes, dreams and high standards. You are imposing unnecessary self restraint on yourself. You would like to demonstrate the unique quality of your character to all and sundry.

At this time you don’t particularly like yourself. Everything that you have tried to do seems to have gone wrong. This makes you feel that there is no point in trying to start again. Apart from being stressed and tense, you are angry with yourself and have unadmitted self-contempt. Your refusal to admit that you and you alone is the basic cause of your problems leads to you adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude. If you take stock of yourself, smile a little and let go, everything will turn out OK. Have you not heard of the cliche ‘smile and the world smiles with you - cry and you cry alone!’?

Ummm… I was doing fine with myself until this told me I wasn’t. I thought things were going quite well for me and I was pretty cheery. Now I feel depressed…
Do you think this has anything to do with me choosing black first?
wink

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 11 July 2006 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-28

from the website advertised at the bottom of the “test”:

We are all profoundly affected by light. For example, it is now a medically accepted fact that some people become chronically depressed when deprived of adequate daylight. They suffer from what is called Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.).We are also affected by the spectrum of colors that are the components of natural light. We often express our emotions in terms of color - “feeling blue” or “seeing red”. What is less well known is that careful analysis of our own preferences for individual colors can accurately reflect our unique personalities and state of physical well-being.In the early 20th century, renowned psychologists Dr. Max Luscher and Dr. Theo Gimbel developed Rudolph Steiner’s basic principles. Luscher and Gimbel suggested that people invariably chose colors for their direct association with their current physical state and psychological needs. 

What is new is the Colorgenics system, and the way it harnesses 21st century computing power to analyse those color preferences. 

Years of painstaking research in behavioural psychology have enabled Paul Goldin to develop a sophisticated but remarkably easy to use computer program. By examining your individual color preferences, Colorgenics speedily reveals to you your underlying character traits, and also provides an incisive insight into your physical well-being.The Colorgenics program is made up of eight standard colors - you simply select these colors in your preferred order. The number of ways in which these eight colors can be ordered is vast, and it is in the analysis of these permutations - and specifically the one personal order that you choose - that the power of the Colorgenics program becomes apparent.Colorgenics makes no claims to infallibility, but the results consistently show a high degree of accuracy. In fact, 87% of respondents in a recent survey said that their analysis results were ‘amazingly accurate’. Men and women across the world have found Colorgenics irresistible - Over 9 million people have experienced Colorgenics.

Please note: Though Colorgenics was inspired by the world renowned Luscher-Color-Test, as taught at universities and their medical clinics, the two are not to be confused. Colorgenics does not rely on the same colors, which in any event cannot be reproduced precisely on any screen. The Luscher Color Test gives a precise and correct evaluation. Colorgenics, fascinating though it is, was designed more as an interactive experience than as an exercise in science. Anyone wishing to have a strictly scientific analysis or to get more information on the original Luscher Color Test should contact Luscher Diagnostics via e-mail at: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or visit http://www.luscher-color.com/

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2006 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-28
Boo - 11 July 2006 04:13 PM

Ummm… I was doing fine with myself until this told me I wasn’t. I thought things were going quite well for me and I was pretty cheery. Now I feel depressed…
Do you think this has anything to do with me choosing black first?
wink

We love you Boo… you go ahead and poke the black cube first… I suspect it means nothing even though mine was so very dang accurate… tongue wink

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2006 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26042
Joined  2004-11-08

What does it say when you’re colour-blind?

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 11 July 2006 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  2006-06-16

Enough is enough - you feel frustrated and rejected. You are fighting back and the going is tough. It would be just wonderful if you could be left in peace.

You are a leader and possibly at this tine in a position of authority, but you are experiencing problems. You are not quite sure how to handle the present situation.

Many people will consider you egotistical and full of your own self importance…..

blah, blah, blah.  It’s the same as Boo’s after that. I think that part is what comes from picking the black cube first

and yea, I can’t say that the first part is at all accurate…

Posted: 11 July 2006 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  2006-06-16
Charybdis - 11 July 2006 05:18 PM

What does it say when you’re colour-blind?

You click on the boxes based on their position instead.  Do you like the cube on the right or the left better?  raspberry

Posted: 11 July 2006 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Everyone feels despondent at times and you are no exception. You are feeling so depressed because it seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and you don’t quite know which way to turn. So like the proverbial ostrich you are trying to bury your head in the sand. But that won’t work - you have to face reality.

You are not be feeling so good at this time. Everything seems to be getting on top of you. What you need is a rest from all of the the present trials and tribulations in peaceful surroundings and with someone - male or female, it doesn’t really matter - who can really understand you and appreciates your needs.

You feel that you should be appreciated far more than you are but no-one seems to care! You feel that you are receiving less than your share and the main problem is that there is no-one to whom you can turn to for sympathy and understanding. The inner stress that you are experiencing makes you quick to take offence but you realise that at this particular moment in time there is little that you can do to relieve the situation.

Having experienced considerable disappointment of late and not knowing quite what to do about it this has led you to suffer a great deal of agitation and anxiety. You are trying very hard to make favourable impressions all round. You feel that you have a right to do anything that you wish without being condemned for your beliefs. Everything seems to be going against you and you feel helpless to change the situation. The possibility of failure is most upsetting and this situation is leading to untold stress. You honestly believe that the situation is not of your making - it is not your fault - you have been misled and abused by those that you trusted, but you are trying to look at the situation quite dispassionately. Would you perhaps not agree that this situation could be regarded as unrealistic self justification?

You are completely worn out - physically and mentally - and it has got to the stage where ‘you don’t want to participate anymore’. You are in fact experiencing what is known as ‘burnout’ and your reaction is such that you feel that everyone is against you yet you still seem to refuse to listen to reason. You are hostile, bitter and indignant. You insist that you want and are entitled to your own way - well maybe you are, but your attitude is not conducive to making friends. Take it easy. Let go and get back into the World.

Well, I guess I’m off to slit my wrists

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 11 July 2006 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Sharruma - 11 July 2006 11:51 PM

Everyone feels despondent at times and you are no exception. You are feeling so depressed because it seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and you don’t quite know which way to turn. So like the proverbial ostrich you are trying to bury your head in the sand. But that won’t work - you have to face reality.

No sorry, not only not depressed by exceptionally happy.

You are not be feeling so good at this time. Everything seems to be getting on top of you. What you need is a rest from all of the the present trials and tribulations in peaceful surroundings and with someone - male or female, it doesn’t really matter - who can really understand you and appreciates your needs.

trials and tribulations? Did I miss something?

You feel that you should be appreciated far more than you are but no-one seems to care! You feel that you are receiving less than your share and the main problem is that there is no-one to whom you can turn to for sympathy and understanding. The inner stress that you are experiencing makes you quick to take offence but you realise that at this particular moment in time there is little that you can do to relieve the situation.

Perhaps I felt this way once, 20 years ago.

Having experienced considerable disappointment of late and not knowing quite what to do about it this has led you to suffer a great deal of agitation and anxiety. You are trying very hard to make favourable impressions all round. You feel that you have a right to do anything that you wish without being condemned for your beliefs. Everything seems to be going against you and you feel helpless to change the situation. The possibility of failure is most upsetting and this situation is leading to untold stress. You honestly believe that the situation is not of your making - it is not your fault - you have been misled and abused by those that you trusted, but you are trying to look at the situation quite dispassionately. Would you perhaps not agree that this situation could be regarded as unrealistic self justification?

hmm, nope. what disappointment? I’m waiting on some good news which if it isn’t good could be disappointing, and even if it was bad news, it wouldn’t hurt me that much.
so no, I wouldn’t agree.

You are completely worn out - physically and mentally - and it has got to the stage where ‘you don’t want to participate anymore’. You are in fact experiencing what is known as ‘burnout’ and your reaction is such that you feel that everyone is against you yet you still seem to refuse to listen to reason. You are hostile, bitter and indignant. You insist that you want and are entitled to your own way - well maybe you are, but your attitude is not conducive to making friends. Take it easy. Let go and get back into the World.

yep I was burnt out about 5 years ago and maybe I haven’t fully recovered, but I enjoy life now I have an excellent job that many would envy. I don’t see me getting burnt out again in the near future.

I chose Black, Grey, Orange, Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow, Red

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 11 July 2006 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

You are the sort of person that needs a peaceful environment. You seek release from stress and freedom from conflicts and disagreements, of which you seem to have had more than your fair share. But you are taking pains to control the situation by proceeding cautiously and you are right in doing so as you are a very sensitive person.

Yep.

You are looking for excitement and stimulation and you are ready to try anything - but be careful not to take too many risks.

Not really.

You are a perfectionist in everything that you put your hand to. You are demanding and very exacting in the standards you apply to your choice of colleagues and friends -perhaps you demand too much from people. That perfection you seek in a particular person is illusive - perhaps it does not even exist.

Kinda.

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

Maybe in relation to certain things, but not overall.

You wish to be left in peace… no more conflict and no more differences of opinion. In fact you just don’t want to be involved in arguments of any shape or form. All you want is for ‘them’ to get on with it - and to leave you alone.

Well, I always feel like that in the morning.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 11 July 2006 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

Hey Smerk…

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

1 of 1