2 of 2
Declassified MOD report may be link to ‘Aurora’ superplane.
Posted: 17 June 2006 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

After all, Dan, the U.S. managed to lose the War of 1812 (not that most Americans are willing to admit that) entirely without your help.  At least, I assume that you weren’t involved.

Back sort of on topic, I remember a little while ago there were reports of a strange and unusual airplane flying around near here, and there was a lot of speculation that it could be a new secret military aircraft (which the military was keeping secret by flying it low and slow over heavily-populated areas, I suppose).  It turned out to be some guy flying a stunt kite.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 17 June 2006 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Re:  Acipiter above

I bet many such sightings are very similar in nature.

You know, now that everyone in the world (it seems) has a cell-phone camera, we should start getting tons of pictures of UFO’s, BigFoot, Elvis, Leprechauns, all sorts of interesting things, d’ya think?

Dan the Camera-Ready

Posted: 18 June 2006 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

What, you mean like this photo, Dan?

How good is a camera phone at catching something like a flying object?  I have absolutely no experience with them myself.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 18 June 2006 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
Accipiter - 18 June 2006 11:04 AM

How good is a camera phone at catching something like a flying object?  I have absolutely no experience with them myself.

You made me laugh out loud!  Great photo!  Contact ‘Weekly World News’ now! 

Dan the Easily-Led

Posted: 18 June 2006 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29
Accipiter - 18 June 2006 11:04 AM

Eeek!  I’ve been spotted!  And I don’t even recognise the place…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 18 June 2006 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
Smerk - 19 June 2006 12:30 AM

Eeek!  I’ve been spotted!  And I don’t even recognise the place…

Spotted?  Who gave you spots?  It wasn’t me!  I’ve been tested for that sort of thing!

I wonder how often things like these are mistaken for alien spaceships or secret military projects?  Some of them do look like airplanes, and some of them just look really really weird.

Signature 

Posted: 19 June 2006 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Especially the one on the right, it looks like some kind of magical iron horse…..

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

2 of 2