1 of 2
The JFK Assasination
Posted: 04 June 2006 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

I was in Mrs. Lind’s Spanish 1A class in my sophomore year in high school when all of a suddent the PA system went on, the speakers played the sound of a radio dial being zipped across the tuning span, and then a newscaster came on.

Of course, we all stopped talking and listened.  The radio guy breathlessly stated,  ‘The President has been shot.  I repeat, President John Fitzgerald Kennedy has been shot.  We have no idea how serious he is wounded yet, but his motorcade is now speeding to a local hospital in Dallas, Texas.  Once again…....’

Some moments will never be forgotten by me, and that is one of them.

So, I am sure this thread has been pounded to near-death already, but it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks really happened, who did it, who was behind it, and why.

I personally agree with one prominent theory, that Lyndon Johnson was behind it.  He had the motive, the opportunity, and the means.  But, what the guy said who stated his reasons for the preceding, was that JFK was truly unqualified to be President, and was just too damn brash for his own good, and he would sooner or later get the world into thermo-nuclear war. 

Thus, it was not that hard for LBJ to enlist the aid of all the various organizations that participated in the assasination.

I solicit comments!

Posted: 04 June 2006 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

As the Nixon era baby I am, I have been bombarded all my life with all the theroies behind what happened.  Unless the bodies of JFK and the other politician that was riding with him are exhumed for further more modern forensic testing, or more info surfaces, i believe that Oswald did it.  I do not believe that such a conspircy as this could have stayed secret for so long.  Too many people would have to be involved.  Someone would have come forward.  Also the supposed gunmen from some of the surronding area would have had to contend with then existing barriers to shoot at JFK.  The gun that Oswald used did work enough of the time to make the shot(s). 
I feel so bad for Caroline and John Jr. to have had to live under this shadow all their lives.  I once saw a documentry that showed the film over and over in slow mo that showed that back of his head coming off.  I was so disguted I turned it off.  I understand the fascination of what really happend, was it really just the one guy?  After all there was a group behind the Lincoln killing.  But the survivors have never said or supported further study of the case.  If there are so many doubts about this and the truth is out there, than the once who should be at the forefront should be the family.  yes the american citizens have a right to know since JFK was the president.  But his family has to know first and want to know first.

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 05 June 2006 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2004-12-31

Chuck Norris was there when JFK was shot. He jumped in front of the president and deflected the bullet with his beard. Kennedy’s head exploded in amazement.

Posted: 08 June 2006 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I was a sophomore as well, but living in Tehran, Iran when this happened and asleep.  When I got to school that morning though, I was kidding my friends about being so deathly quiet (I didn’t know what had happened).  The entire school and yard was too quiet and though we were all there waiting for first bell, no one moved, no one smiled and no one was speaking….

Until I asked that question and I remember one guy saying, ‘President Kennedy has been asassinated….’  That was all.  That was enough.

The school shut down for two weeks.  Everywhere you went the Iranians wore black arm bands.  There was very little activity there, even though they were not Americans the respect and the sadness shrouded this country and city so tightly you could barely breathe.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 June 2006 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

You sophomores in high school that were around when this happened are about 4 years older than my mother. She was in the 6th grade at a Catholic school when it happened.

I have to agree that unless the bodies are exhumed, we can only assume that the Oswald shooter is the correct theory.

With today’s technology, though…we could probably really figure things out.  I know they’ve done computer sims of it…but imagine a full recreation…that would be awesome.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 08 June 2006 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Maegan - 08 June 2006 10:52 PM

You sophomores in high school that were around when this happened are about 4 years older than my mother. She was in the 6th grade at a Catholic school when it happened.

Gosh, just think Maegan, you’re actually ‘talking’ to history when you talk to us ‘then-sophomores!’  I also remember watching the backwards boots on the horse going down the street and John-John saluting his father goodbye…seeing Oswald being shot and then Robert Kennedy too (still not here in the US though). 

It was a very rocky period of time just realizing then even, that we were in the middle of history-happening.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 June 2006 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

We’re always in the middle of history-happening.  It’s just that usually either the history isn’t that impressive (which I prefer, as impressiveness tends to come attached to lots of unpleasantness), or else we don’t know about how impressive it is until much later.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 June 2006 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
hulitoons - 08 June 2006 11:38 PM
Maegan - 08 June 2006 10:52 PM

Gosh, just think Maegan, you’re actually ‘talking’ to history when you talk to us ‘then-sophomores!’  I also remember watching the backwards boots on the horse going down the street and John-John saluting his father goodbye…seeing Oswald being shot and then Robert Kennedy too (still not here in the US though). 

It was a very rocky period of time just realizing then even, that we were in the middle of history-happening.

I talk to history all the time - I only live a few houses down from my mom.  cheese

I think about being “in” history sometimes.  Especially when I think about watching the planes crash into the twin towers on Sept. 11.  Later the “shock & awe” campaign.  I always woner what I’ll say to Jocelynn about it when she asks.  Just like I ased my mom about where she was when JFK was killed, about Vietnam, or when NASA put a man on the moon.  I remember 3 days after my 16th birthday party watching kids running from the Columbine shooting & thinking how those kids were MY age.  Their lives just stopped.  I still have the Columbine ribbon on my fridge that a friend who lives in Littleton sent me.  It’s a blue ribbon with silver lettering.  It just says “Columbine” & it’s got the flower on it.  I mounted it on a magnet when I got it.  It’s really bizarre thinking about the history of now.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 09 June 2006 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

You know Maegan, you’ve listed some really interesting parts of history.  Accip is right, we sit in the middle of it all the time! 

I’m reminded of those taped stories people and radios get from ordinary folks who have lived some pretty extraordinary events.  I rather wonder now if forums like this one will one day be treasured history a bit like ancient diary’s once were…..like the Diary of Anne Frank?

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2006 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-06-26

That is a terrible event that we will never forget.

Posted: 26 June 2006 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

Um, there’s only one body to exhume.  John Connally survived the attack.  Exhuming his body now wouldn’t do much good as he lived for another 30 years after the shooting.

But that’s no reason not to trust your learned opinions. raspberry

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 28 June 2006 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-13

Read also about the book “The Final Judgment.”
http://www.serendipity.li/zionism/final_jgmt_reviews.htm

1 of 2