{pagination_links}
0 of {total_pages}
Bubble idiot needed rescuing off Florida coast.
Posted: 05 October 2014 04:05 PM
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2904
Joined  2005-06-15

Story here. I read somewhere that he will be charged a very big bill for being rescued. Honestly, these adventurers need to have their brains checked before doing these things.

A marathon runner attempting a bizarre crossing from Florida to Bermuda inside an inflatable bubble has been rescued after succumbing to exhaustion, the United States Coast Guard said.

US citizen Reza Baluchi was pulled from the water off the coast of Florida on Saturday after triggering a radio beacon signalling he needed help, a press release said.

The US Coast Guard said they had first become aware of Mr Baluchi’s odyssey on Wednesday when personnel received a report of “a US citizen floating in an inflatable bubble”.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 05 October 2014 10:26 PM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15034
Joined  2006-08-16

Yes. For that kind of endeavor you’re supposed to have support staff close by at all times. Like the lady who swam from Cuba to Florida a few years back. Idiot. (Not that the idea of doing it in an inflatable bubble wasn’t idiotic to begin with.)

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 05 October 2014 11:13 PM   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2904
Joined  2005-06-15
Tah - 05 October 2014 10:26 PM

Yes. For that kind of endeavor you’re supposed to have support staff close by at all times. Like the lady who swam from Cuba to Florida a few years back. Idiot. (Not that the idea of doing it in an inflatable bubble wasn’t idiotic to begin with.)

Yes. He really should’ve had a big team with him on two or three boats. Just going out on your own like that is suicidal.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 18 October 2014 03:47 PM   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

Apparently he didn’t think the plan all the way through.  I’m wondering if he realized how much he would get billed for the rescue.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

{pagination_links}
0 of {total_pages}
‹‹ We are baaaahaaaack      Phallic advertising? ››