1 of 1
Can somebody explain marijuana to me?
Posted: 17 August 2014 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

OK. I get that lots of people want it to be legal. But does it cause lung cancer like tobacco? Does it cause any serious health problems?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 17 August 2014 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Well despite a lot of people saying otherwise I have personal experience that says long term use can cause problems. 

One of my cousins, who is about my age, has been a regular smoker since he was in his teens.  So that is about 45 years.  Today his brain is pretty much fried and he has lost touch with reality.  Very little of what he says is coherent and he has developed an extreme paranoia to the point where even his own family members cause him to become extremely nervous and hide out.  While he doesn’t have lung cancer that I know of he does have emphysema, which is another smoking related problem.  He is addicted to the marijuana just like a smoker is addicted to the cigarettes.  The main thing though is that it seems to have affected his brain and just talking with him you can tell he isn’t all there.  I know of many recreational users who don’t’ seem to have problems but my cousin treated it like someone else would treat cigarettes and was a fairly heavy user.  I am pretty sure that if he hadn’t used it all those years like he did he wouldn’t be in the condition he is in.  He does not use other drugs (cocaine, acid, meth, etc) that I know of and his family hasn’t detected the use of anything else either.  So I believe that long term, regular use does cause issues with a persons health and mental state.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 17 August 2014 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
gray - 17 August 2014 09:25 AM

Well despite a lot of people saying otherwise I have personal experience that says long term use can cause problems.

I’m sorry to hear that about your cousin. I hope your cousin’s situation can improve.

I’m just a bit dumb-struck about this push to legalise marijuana for recreational use. I’ll try to read up more about it before I say anything else.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

1 of 1