1 of 1
Man fined for pretending to be ghost
Posted: 11 August 2014 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Man fined for pretending to be ghost in Portsmouth cemetery cool grin

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/07/man-fined-pretending-to-be-ghost-portsmouth-cemetery-anthony-stallard

A man has been fined for pretending to be a ghost and other rowdy behaviour in a cemetery.

Anthony Stallard pleaded guilty at Portsmouth magistrates court to using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause distress.

The court heard that the 24-year-old had been out drinking with friends when they went to Kingston cemetery in Portsmouth, where they started to play football.

A Hampshire police spokesman said that witnesses complained to police about Stallard’s rowdy behaviour and his pretending to be a ghost.

“The witnesses reported the group engaging in rowdy behaviour and one of them throwing their arms in the air and saying ‘woooooo’,” he said.

Stallard, of Southsea, Hampshire, was fined £35 and ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge and £20 in costs.

He also had an extra three months added to a conditional charge for previous harassment which he was found to be in breach of, according to a Crown Prosecution Service spokeswoman.

A charge of causing criminal damage to gravestones was dismissed.”

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 11 August 2014 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-10-26

Who were the ‘witnesses’? Were they doing this at night(suggestive if they had been out drinking to think all of this was a good idea).
Or were the witnesses his drinking partners?
All up, the ghost part seems a pretty small part of an overall ‘drunk and annoying in public’ charge.

Posted: 13 August 2014 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Yes, but whoever complained complained about the rowdy behavior *and* his pretending to be a ghost. I especially liked the bit about him throwing his hands in the air and going “woooooo.” LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 14 August 2014 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2897
Joined  2005-06-15

Woo Hoo

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 17 August 2014 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

So throwing your hands up in the air and shouting ‘woooooo’ makes one a pretend ghost?  I wonder if that is written down somewhere.  I also have to wonder how the witnesses determined that he was pretending to be a ghost as opposed to a boogeyman.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 1