6 of 6
July 1st—Because It’s Time for a New Thread!
Posted: 30 December 2014 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

It’s almost the end of another year.  Been quite an eventful one with a lot of ups and downs. 

Ups: winning 2 nights at a high end hotel, getting to visit my daughter for the first time in over a year, finally got a raise at work, winning free return airfare for 2 anywhere the company flies (which I will be using next year to take my daughter to Ireland and Scotland), my ball team finally winning the league championship (it’s only taken us 3 years),

Downs: had my car totaled in a severe hailstorm and having to buy a new one I really didn’t want to spend the money on, losing one of my younger brothers to a heart attack, seeing my nieces wedding plans get trashed by a hurricane 2 weeks before the wedding (it was a destination wedding in Mexico), watching another brother go thru bouts of severe depression,

A very eventful year all in all.  I am looking forward to the next one though.  Rowenna has graciously offered to be our guide in Edinburgh during our visit to Scotland which should be a blast.  Lots of pics to show after that one.  Hoping to do a lot more traveling than I’ve been able to do in the last few years.  Basically just looking forward to the new year and everything it will bring.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 30 December 2014 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26384
Joined  2004-11-29

Can’t say that 2014 has been overly eventful or spectacular.  The biggest thing for me has been getting professional/medical help for my anxiety issues.  At least I can say that it was an improvement on 2013! smile

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 01 January 2015 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

Happy New Year everyone!!  It’s the beginning of a brand new year and a great time to refresh our outlook on life.  smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 01 January 2015 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26384
Joined  2004-11-29

And maybe time for a new thread…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

6 of 6