2 of 6
July 1st—Because It’s Time for a New Thread!
Posted: 13 July 2014 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9111
Joined  2008-03-02

I hope so, too, Smerk. The funny thing is that I’ve seen several of the other resumes that came in, and they said no to at least two that were way more qualified than me. Dave says they’re probably too qualified—the boss doesn’t want to have to train someone else if the really qualified person leaves. Also, unless my boss asks me to send another application out, they’re only planning on interviewing three people now, including me—on Friday she asked me to set one of the others aside. *fingers crossed*

Signature 

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 15 July 2014 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6941
Joined  2005-10-21

*lazes underneath the forum’s coffee table, where it’s nice and cool*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsibility to disprove your claims, but rather your responsibility to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 26 July 2014 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

It’s been two weeks since I sent out those three applications, and only two came back (neither of them were from the lady whose resume my boss asked me to set aside). And a week ago, the boss asked me to send one to another lady who’d sent in her resume that day, but we haven’t gotten it back yet. Which means that as of now, there are three applications for the office manager job sitting on my desk. I sent out reference requests today. I’m kind of afraid to see what my references say about me, since I’ve *never* done this kind of work before, and the questionnaire is specifically about how well I do with that kind of job. long face

*skritches Robin, contemplates a haircut to help keep him cool*

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 26 July 2014 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

Well, depending on who you ask they will be able to reference your skills in such a way that it will fit the role of office manager.  There are a lot of skills in that role that you may have but don’t think about.  Besides I think you would make a great office manager if you were given the chance.  wink

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 July 2014 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Thanks, Gray. smile We’ll just have to see how it goes.

Also, I don’t know if I mentioned this before, but I’m planning on making crocheted Hobbeses for folks who want one I won’t be selling them, but I am asking for people to pay for materials and shipping. If you’re interested, let me know. smile

I would use one of these two patterns:

Hobbes #1

or

Hobbes #2

So if you’d like one, you’d also need to let me know which one. smile

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 28 July 2014 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

I’ve got an interview scheduled for August 8th, along with up to four other people. Should be interesting.

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 29 July 2014 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I’ll get the pom poms ready.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 30 July 2014 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Eesh. You think you know a person.

Our informally adopted daughter called us today to tell us her husband got arrested for something he did about a year ago and is going to be extradited across the country. They’ve been separated since last August because he got angry at one of their boys and broke the kid’s leg while taking him out of the high chair. Naturally money’s been tight, but our daughter has been managing to get the bills paid with what money she got from her husband. But she also found out today that the money (or most of it, anyhow) hasn’t been coming from him, but from his parents—and has been for nearly four years. *And* they’re not going to be able to help after August, because they’re pretty well broke. Our daughter is just shy of a year away from getting a criminal justice degree and she’s been raising the boys almost by herself for a year. She doesn’t need this crap. downer

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 08 August 2014 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

I think my interview went well today. And I only have two competitors for the position instead of four—one lady called and cancelled because she took another job, and another one didn’t even come in. I should know no later than the end of next week if I’ll be staying there or not.

Also, Dave had a doctor’s appointment today—his regular doc wants him to get a gastric bypass done (sleeving, I think), so he was meeting with the gastroenterologist. That doctor told him that he’s actually not eating enough—calories *or* carbs. Go figure. I asked Dave if he at least got that in writing so that he can take it to other doctors who give him a hard time about what he eats!

And I will hopefully be finished with the first crocheted Hobbes by the end of the weekend! All in all, a pretty good day. smile

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 08 August 2014 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Good luck with the interview.  I don’t see how they can’t hire you.  smile   

Your day was better than mine.  Last night just before I left for work we had a bad hailstorm.  It lasted for about 15 minutes but that was enough to cause major damage throughout the city.  I was picking up golf ball sized hailstones afterward.  Fortunately the only damage to my car was a broken drivers side mirror and a few small dents in the roof and hood.  It would probably have been worse if not for the fact that I back my car up against a 6’ fence when I park and the fence stopped most of the hail.  It also shredded the cover on my motorcycle but at least that prevented any damage to the bike itself.  The siding on the house is full of dents for which I will submit a claim.  Since it’s aluminum siding the dents weren’t serious, the guy across the road from me has vinyl siding and it looked like someone took a shotgun to his place, holes all over the place and 3 windows punched out.  There are going to be a lot of insurance claims in the next few days.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 09 August 2014 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26384
Joined  2004-11-29

I took my Mum to the theatre for her birthday yesterday.  We saw “The Last Confession”, starring David Suchet (of Hercule Poirot fame).  It was the best play we’ve ever seen.  Wonderful acting, intriguing set design (four wire frameworks supporting doors, windows and other bits and pieces, which were rotated about as required to simulate different settings), and a fascinating story set in the Vactican during the reign of Pope John and Pope John Paul I.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

2 of 6