1 of 4
July 1st—Because It’s Time for a New Thread!
Posted: 01 July 2014 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

*wanders in*
*waves at Alex*

Okay, I know that we tend to grumble about threads getting a bit on the grungy side, but maybe we shouldn’t try quite so hard to keep them clean. wink

Anyhow, hope everyone’s doing well. I’ve been trying to keep busy, but not had much luck in the way of landing editing jobs. So I’m taking temp jobs for now, and maybe I’ll end up with something permanent.

Speaking of which, normal job hours mean that I can’t stay up as late as I normally do ( :( ), so I’m off to get some sleep. G’night, folks!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 02 July 2014 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

You know, creating all these new threads all the time is really getting my OCD going. I haven’t finished with the old one yet!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 03 July 2014 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Tah - 02 July 2014 10:44 PM

You know, creating all these new threads all the time is really getting my OCD going. I haven’t finished with the old one yet!

LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 04 July 2014 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Has anyone else noticed something odd with the thread page number coding?

Image Attachments
Pagination.jpg
 Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 05 July 2014 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Yep, I’m seeing that too. Wonder why it’s there?

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 07 July 2014 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Just lucky?

So here I am for another shift.  One day closer to retirement.  Good thing I have lots of patience because that isn’t for a few years yet.  lol   At least it’s not raining outside right now.  I’ve definitely had enough of that for the year.  I can never remember getting this much rain each summer when I was a kid.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 09 July 2014 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

So, I mentioned earlier that I’ve been doing temp jobs for a little while. At the end of June, I started at the central office for a company that operates group homes and assisted living places for special needs people (primarily adults, I believe). Today I found out that they’re planning on doing interviews for the position the week after next. My boss had pulled out resumes for the four people she wants to interview, and asked me to send applications to them (they’d sent their resumes after seeing our ad online, and so they still need to do the application so that there are references available for the hiring committee to check). Turns out I only need to mail three of the applications, because my resume was one of the four she’d pulled out! :D I asked her, tongue in cheek, if she wanted me to mail one to myself. She laughed and said no, I didn’t need to mail mine. LOL

Don’t know if they’ll hire me, but I’m very pleased that they picked my resume out of all the ones that came in. Especially since I didn’t send it in—it was there because the temp agency sent it to see if they wanted me as a temp. smile

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 09 July 2014 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Yay! Good luck, Crafty! smile

P.S. How are those Hobbes coming along? wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 10 July 2014 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Tah - 09 July 2014 11:24 PM

Yay! Good luck, Crafty! smile

P.S. How are those Hobbes coming along? wink

Thanks! smile

Also, they are not, yet—I haven’t had the money to buy the yarn. Hopefully that will be changing soon, though!

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 10 July 2014 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Part of the deal is paying costs. I have no problem doing that on the front end. Let me know how much you need (try to include a shipping cost) and where to send it and I’ll get it to you. You know how to get a hold of me. smile

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2014 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Tah - 10 July 2014 09:50 PM

Part of the deal is paying costs. I have no problem doing that on the front end. Let me know how much you need (try to include a shipping cost) and where to send it and I’ll get it to you. You know how to get a hold of me. smile

gulp I think I must be too nice or something. It never occurred to me to ask anyone for the yarn costs up front! LOL I will probably do some shopping around for materials this weekend and get back to you. smile

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 13 July 2014 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Awesome news re the temp position, Crafty - hopefully they’ll think you’re the best candidate and make you permanent! smile

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

1 of 4