3 of 3
April First - April Fool’s Day
Posted: 17 June 2014 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

My how time flies, vacation is over and it’s back to work.  It’s also been a month since anyone posted in this thread so let me start it up again. 

I had a nice visit with my daughter in Clovis, New Mexico for a few days.  One new piece of knowledge I gained was that I really do not want to ever live in New Mexico.  Flat, bare, windy, dusty, it’s got everything.  I suppose I am somewhat biased having lived near the mountains for many years but I just could not picture anyone wanting to live in a place like Clovis.  To each their own I guess.  We did manage to make it to the top of a couple of mountains in Colorado, which was neat.  Cold and windy but the view was incredible from 14,000 ft up. 

After a couple of weeks off it doesn’t make it easy to want to go back to work   Time to put the blinders on.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 June 2014 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Ugh, it’s Saturday morning and here I am sitting at work on a scheduled day off.  The only good part about this whole operation is that I’m going to pick up 12 hrs overtime for this.  I would feel a lot worse if it were a nice day outside but it’s raining again so I don’t feel too bad.  Just wish I could be at home doing something constructive like cleaning the house.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 June 2014 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15
gray - 21 June 2014 08:54 AM

Ugh, it’s Saturday morning and here I am sitting at work on a scheduled day off.  The only good part about this whole operation is that I’m going to pick up 12 hrs overtime for this.  I would feel a lot worse if it were a nice day outside but it’s raining again so I don’t feel too bad.  Just wish I could be at home doing something constructive like cleaning the house.

Hmmmm. Overtime. Brings back memories.

I just wish those memories would bring back the money as well.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 26 June 2014 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

No job offers yet Peter?  Or have you had any interviews lately?

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 28 June 2014 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Yay!  First Saturday in a month where I’ve not had to do anything except for mooching round at home.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 28 June 2014 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15
gray - 26 June 2014 08:27 PM

No job offers yet Peter?  Or have you had any interviews lately?

I had an interview just over a week ago. Haven’t heard back yet.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 28 June 2014 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Smerk - 28 June 2014 12:44 AM

Yay!  First Saturday in a month where I’ve not had to do anything except for mooching round at home.

Lounging around is always good.  I never seem to get enough time to do much of it though.  Outside of eating and sleep it’s still one of my favorite activities.  smile

Signature 

My blog
My Website

3 of 3