2 of 3
April First - April Fool’s Day
Posted: 21 April 2014 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

It’s a lonely little continent here.  Everyone have a good weekend?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 21 April 2014 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

I was just about to ask the same thing, Huli! smile

The weather seems to have finally turned into spring here in Montana, and my daffodils started blooming this weekend, which definitely makes me smile every time I look out my window. Easter was pretty quiet, since Berlyn and her crew had their festivities going on at their own place. We had ham and assorted sides for dinner, including steamed purple carrots, which our youngest (I always forget if we call her by her real name or her forum nick here) thought looked really weird, so she wouldn’t eat them. She’s not a fan of cooked carrots anyhow, so it wasn’t surprising she wouldn’t eat those.

We didn’t manage to dye eggs, even though we boiled them, so we’re going to do them tomorrow afternoon. Mainly because we just like coloring the eggs. :D

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 21 April 2014 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I managed to triumph over my insomnia, by sleeping more than sixteen hours on Saturday..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 April 2014 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

I think I would be happy with sleeping 8 hours one day.  When I’m on night shift I rarely get more than 5 or 6 hours a day.  But it’s days off coming up so I’ll catch up then.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 April 2014 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Okay, I get it, we’re ALL sleep-deprived!  I rarely sleep through the night, or go to sleep at all.  This is such fun!  Hey, at least I’m not alone.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 April 2014 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
hulitoons - 26 April 2014 01:33 PM

Okay, I get it, we’re ALL sleep-deprived!  I rarely sleep through the night, or go to sleep at all.  This is such fun!  Hey, at least I’m not alone.

Nope, you aren’t alone.  It’s back on night shift for me now so my sleep pattern will be all screwed up for the next 5 days.  Going to be a long one.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 29 April 2014 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Well after listening to the pounding of hammers and the noise of power saws next door I am definitely missing sleep.  The guy beside me is getting his siding redone.  I just wish they could have picked a time when I was on day shift and wasn’t home to hear all the noise.  Unfortunately trying to get a decent sleep with all that going on next door is pretty much a memory.

On a more positive note the good weather has finally arrived and is forecast to be staying for a couple of weeks.  Time to get the bike on the road.  smile

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 29 April 2014 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

I’ve been back at school, sort of. smile Last month, I joined the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA), which is an organization for all kinds of freelancers (not just editors), and offers a number of courses designed to help people improve their writing or editing skills. This month I signed up for a class on developmental editing of fiction, and it’s been a lot of fun. I’m learning a lot, and it seems that that’s another kind of editing that I’ve been sort of doing all along, at least to some extent.

The weather’s been pretty good here the last few days, though it’s not really wanting to *really* warm up yet (not asking for much, just temperatures consistently in the mid-60s would be nice), and we’ve had rain off and on since the weekend. I don’t like it, but my grass and flowers sure do! :D

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 02 May 2014 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

Heh… I guess it really is dead here… I almost forgot my password…  but not completely.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 07 May 2014 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

You only forgot part of it?  I’ll have to try that sometime.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 17 May 2014 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Well another shift has begun.  Only 15 more days til I am on vacation.  The countdown has begun.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

2 of 3