1 of 3
April First - April Fool’s Day
Posted: 01 April 2014 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9102
Joined  2008-03-02

No, this is no joke, it really is a new thread! I’ll try to do better in the future.

Anybody planning any pranks today? Or had any really good ones pulled on you before? I don’t think I ever have. Not sure if I missed out on some great fun, or escaped serious humiliation. Probably a bit of both. wink

Also, today is Dave’s and my 19th anniversary. It’s been a good run, and I hope it continues for at *least* another 19 years!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 03 April 2014 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

Happy anniversary!

And is the thread title, by one of our local editors, an April Fool’s Joke? wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 03 April 2014 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9102
Joined  2008-03-02
Tah - 03 April 2014 11:36 AM

Happy anniversary!

And is the thread title, by one of our local editors, an April Fool’s Joke? wink

Yeah, we’ll go with that! Which is why it’s fixed now… red face

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 04 April 2014 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

April Fool’s was quiet round here.  I think everyone in our office is too serious to pull pranks, or just not motivated to do anything.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 07 April 2014 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14

Nothing happened for April Fools around my place.  The executive at work issued an announcement that we were switching to Metric time though.  I’m sure there were a few people who were having heart palpitations trying to figure out how to convert from standard to metric time, there are always a few who get sucked in.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 08 April 2014 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Eh. It’s easy: Divide by twelve, then multiply by ten.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 08 April 2014 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2005-01-07

One of the online games that I play pulled a good one.  Marvel Heroes is a action MMO based around playing the various characters from the Marvel comic book franchise.  They did the typical AFD news releases of various outlandish stuff that they said was coming soon to the game, including five new playable heroes for the game.  And of course, since this was AFD, no one believed any of it.

The punchline is that, 3 days later, as part of the game’s normal weekly patch, they actually released one of the five as a surprise new character.  And they also released a couple of the other features that they had announced on AFD, that no one had believed were actually in the planning.  This included a second of the five announced characters, but not as an actually player-playable character, instead as a very rare enemy.

Posted: 08 April 2014 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Would have been funnier if, for the day, everyone plays as Squirrel Girl.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 10 April 2014 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I have this guy at work who seem to call in sick almost every time he is scheduled to work with me.  I swear I shower and brush my teeth each day.  I am pretty sure I haven’t pissed him off but since the beginning of the year I’ve only worked 2 shifts with him.  He has called in sick or taken vacation every other time.  Mind you I hear the same story from the other shift leads so I suspect this guy isn’t going to be here for too much longer.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 15 April 2014 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Huh.

Just had a very odd person wander into the hotel. Could tell she was homeless, and a bit ‘off’. The fact that she handed me a single-sheet manifesto was also a tip.

Near as I can figure, she’s worried about the police and black churches oppressing her, despite being black. According to her little sheet, she’s ‘travelling as a white hispanic’, to avoid the problems brought on by Oprah Winfrey… and witchcraft? Apparently some sort of self-racism, with a couple whiffs of Sovereign Citizen, judging from the language and layout of the tract. Best guess is that she hopes to dodge what she feels is persecution of blacks by blacks by changing race, and that ‘white hispanics’ are somehow free of these problems. Five bucks says she ‘imprinted’ on that term due to the Zimmerman trial.

Yeah.. this is one of those nutters that is just a bit too far down the rabbit hole to even begin tracking what they’re on about. But it’s important to them. The tract itself is barely readable, despite being neatly handwritten. It has the ‘conspiracy theorist’ style of writing, with disjointed sentences complaining about persecution and oppression by various groups and media personalities.

She was hoping to stay free in our hotel, I sent her off to the local Safeway market, which is 24 hours, and inoffensive homeless people are tolerated.

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2014 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Besides which the food is out in the aisles instead of in the kitchen.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 April 2014 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

When I woke up yesterday there was 5 inches of snow on the ground.  I get up this afternoon and pretty much all of it is gone.  Crazy weather.  If it’s warm enough out tomorrow the motorcycle is coming out of hibernation for my trip to work tomorrow.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

1 of 3