1 of 1
US ‘psychic’ Cynthia Miller jailed for $1.2 million fraud
Posted: 29 March 2014 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

I could joke that “we need honest psychics”. But does this mean sanity is prevailing? Story here.

US ‘psychic’ Cynthia Miller jailed for $1.2 million fraud

A FEMALE “psychic” who admitted she defrauded over a million dollars from clients — including a mentally ill man who was hearing voices — has been sentenced to nearly three and a half years in prison.

Cynthia Miller, 36, who ran the Astrology Life store in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was the last of nine family members sentenced for their roles in a psychic fraud conspiracy that federal prosecutors said fleeced more than $US20 million ($21.6 million) from clients all over the world.

Miller, who advertised as a psychic and “life coach”, admitted that she claimed she could communicate with spirits and had the power to remove curses and negativity from her clients’ lives.

She told customers that money or valuables they gave her would either be burned, sacrificed or donated to charity or churches. She made $1.2 million from the fraud.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 31 March 2014 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

I’d like to see all psychics and religious organisations taken to court to prove their position.

Posted: 31 March 2014 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Bet she didn’t see that coming. 

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 1