2 of 2
Remember, Remember the 5th of November
Posted: 08 December 2013 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I’m trying though.  wink 

Well we are ending our pre-christmas cold snap here.  Every year we get a period where the temperatures get down to about -30 to -35 for a few days.  Always sometime before Christmas.  Over the last week I’ve seen it go as low as -36 overnight with windchill to about -48.  However it’s warmed up and I am supposed to be able to expect about -4 in the next couple of days.  Ain’t winter wonderful.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 09 December 2013 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Meanwhile, we’re looking forward to a week of high temps 35-40C.  I’m not overly impressed.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 09 December 2013 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I wouldn’t be either.  If it weren’t for air conditioning I would be spending my time under a cold shower.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 09 December 2013 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, we’re having a pretty good cold snap here in the central california area. It’s getting to well below freezing each night, which is rare for us. We’ll often see frost, but a hard freeze is rare.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 December 2013 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I can send you some snow to go with that frost and low temps.  I have more than enough up here.  Mind you it’s looking like it will be a nice day come christmas.  We have had our pre-christmas cold snap and a minor chinook and things are back to normal now.  Relatively anyway, we still have more snow now than we got all last year. 

It was my job to procure the turkey for christmas dinner this year.  The only hitch in the plan was that I didn’t have a freezer big enough to put it in.  So I found a plastic tote with a lid and put it in there then covered it all with snow to keep it cold.  I’m going to be digging it out Saturday or Sunday to start thawing out in time for dinner on Christmas day.  It will be replaced with some other stuff I need to keep frozen until the big day.  One of the advantages of living in a deep freeze half the year, I don’t need a freezer in my house.  At least I don’t until it warms up in spring.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 December 2013 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Just what you want on a warmish summer’s day - to find that you’ve got no water.  We seem to have a burst pipe at the end of the street, and they’re not expecting to have it repaired for at least another two hours.

Signature 

Posted: 21 December 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I guess that means you might as well eat out tonight so you don’t have to wash dishes.  smile 

The downside is lack of water for the bathroom facilities.  Time to open up the nearest fire hydrant.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 22 December 2013 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Heh, we managed dinner without water, and fortunately we have a dishwasher, so we could stick it on later when the water did come back on.  The bathroom facilities were the main problem - it’s odd how the moment you find that you can’t use the facilities, you find yourself really needing to go.

Unfortunately, the nearest fire hydrant would’ve also been affected by the burst pipe, as it’s only a couple of doors down - not that there’s any way (I can see) of accessing them.  You wouldn’t even know they’re there if it weren’t for the fact that the council/government have helpfully gone round painting white arrows and the letter H where they’re supposed to be.

Signature 

2 of 2