1 of 1
HELP PLEASE: How on earth can I ‘restart the application’ 
Posted: 25 October 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I just purchased a small program after using the trial. I followed the directions to re download after getting the registration code etc. However, after installing, the program opening and entering the information, a window comes up saying ‘you must restart the application’. The only button is ‘okay’ which I pressed. Only the ‘trial version’ comes up and I go through the same process over and over again ending up with only the ‘trial version’ every time.

So I closed the program out and did the ‘install’ three more times, and went through the same dead end process again and again. So I restarted my computer and will I get ‘you must restart the application’.

There is no way to restart it that I can see other than what I’ve been doing in vain. I have contacted the support folks but haven’t heard anything yet. I do NOT want to be attempting to write any programing language on my computer since I’m clearly NOT savvy enough to do that at this point.

Can ANYONE here advise?????? HOW do I ‘restart the application’ beyond what I’ve been doing??????????

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 26 October 2013 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

The only suggestion I can make is to make sure you uninstall the software before reinstalling if you’ve not already; don’t just delete it.  Other than that you might have to check their forums, if they have any, and see if this is a common problem.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 26 October 2013 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Did you check whether the software provider provides a download of a full version in addition to a separate trial version? If so, download and install that full version.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 26 October 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Yes they had me download the full version, BUT it would not overwrite the other.  We did have to uninstall the trial first and then we could install the full version.  Thank you!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

1 of 1