1 of 1
Rest In Peace, George Jones
Posted: 26 April 2013 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9102
Joined  2008-03-02

I remember hearing several of his songs on the radio as a kid. My mom always had the radio tuned to country music, and I would sing along to songs that stood out enough for me to pay attention and learn the words. I liked “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” “White Lightning,” and “I Don’t Need Your Rocking Chair.”

NASHVILLE - George Jones, whose supple Texas voice conveyed heartbreak so profound that he became perhaps the most imitated singer in country music, died Friday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center after being hospitalized April 18 with irregular blood pressure. He was 81.

Hank Williams may have set country music’s mythology and Johnny Cash its attitude, but Jones gave the genre its ultimate voice. With recordings that spanned 50 years, including No. 1 singles White Lightning, She Thinks I Still Care and He Stopped Loving Her Today, Jones influenced generations of country singers and was considered by many to be the greatest of them all.

Story here.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 27 April 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I couldn’t figure out who this was.  Then I read that most of his song hits were in the 60s and I didn’t live here then.  I think I do recall hearing a few of these though at some point.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

1 of 1

‹‹ Skegness monster hoax      Fake Mummy ››