My terrible confession
Posted: 11 April 2013 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
hulitoons - 10 April 2013 06:51 PM
Robin Bobcat - 09 April 2013 03:39 PM

Watching Hogan’s Heros isn’t too embarassing…

Now me? I watch My Little Pony. Yeah. The new series is… really pretty awesome.

You are apparently NOT alone Robin!!!  http://www.upworthy.com/the-little-girls-toy-that-thousands-of-grown-ass-men-cant-wait-to-play-with-3?c=upw1

Ah, pft.. I KNEW that.. You’ll actually recall I posted a link about the ponies on here a while back. More than a year or so, IIRC. No worries, though.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 11 April 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Here’s yours Robin (10 October 2011):  Ponies  I really had not paid much attention until I saw this video and had not seen your post.  I need to be MORE alert!  I think this is really VERY interesting though too because it says much about the way these tales are written that they attract adults!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 12 April 2013 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

I think I’ll start watching The Golden Girls.

Although I could try looking for Empty Nest. But I never really watched that. I was more into The Golden Girls. If they remade it would it be called “The Golden Grrrrls”?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 12 April 2013 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

Once I moved away from home I pretty much stopped watching tv except sporting events and the occasional documentary.  Even with the sports I tend to only watch sports that I play or have played at one time.  There are a lot of times I get totally lost when everyone starts discussing some tv show.  I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not as I tend to be somewhat ignorant of a lot of the current social memes.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 12 April 2013 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Nothing wrong with that Gray.  I didn’t watch much tv at all really until I met Erik and in all honesty, we ONLY tape what we like so we’re not only not bound, but are pretty picky…me more so than Erik is.  He gets some shows through Netflix or Amazon on demand and he watches on his portable DVD device with earphones.  The West Wing is a delight for me because it’s well written and VERY tightly scripted and it’s focus IS on politics vs. idealism and reality.  (I would have no interest in series like ‘Scandal’ since I’m not into love stories or revenge scenarios where there are outrageous internal cat-fights).  So, for a female, I have very narrow interests I’m afraid.  Even the books I read are more on the level of, again, ancient and present politics and war strategies, even those in the fantasy genre.  Or like you, documentaries, history and science.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 13 April 2013 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

Ironically the TV antennae available to me does not work. So I watch these shows on Youtube.

I do like shows about current affairs and documentaries. I used to watch a fair bit of pbs videos on their web site but they’ve since blocked a lot of their videos from my part of the world. I’ve been watching a series on dog fights (between fighter pilots, not the k9 variety). I recently watched a documentary on infinity, by the BBC. The BBC has some good documentaries, that I’ve watched.

Music videos are good like Bjork and Roachford.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

2 of 2