1 of 5
April 1st - April Fools’ Day
Posted: 31 March 2013 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

The forum is already going slow for me.  And today’s paper is rather lame and not put anything hoaxy in as far as I can tell.

Also, not happy that I’ve had a cold for all of Easter.  I had things I wanted to do, dammit!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 01 April 2013 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

We had a really good thunderstorm rattle through. Two actually, one on the 30th and one on the 31st. Today should be clear, though.

In any case.. I note that ThinkGeek has their usual silly products lineup. They’ve got a couple that are repeats from last year, and one or two items where the joke may be that they’re real…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 01 April 2013 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

V-e-r-y S-LLLL-OOO-W!  Must be a lot of folks accessing the site.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 01 April 2013 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

I actually hadn’t made it here yet today.  I decided to stay home from school because I was behind on a couple of things and wanted to work on them.  Then this afternoon, Dave had an appointment with a nutritionist.  The surgeon who was going to possibly fix his hip wants him to lose 100 pounds first, possibly with bariatric surgery.  So his regular doctor sent him to the nutritionist, who looked at what Dave currently eats and said that nutrition isn’t the issue.  Dave *already* eats a post-bariatric diet.  Basically, he needs to have adequate pain control, so that he can move around and actually lose weight.  Then he can have the surgery and possibly not even need the pain meds anymore.

Other than that, been a pretty quiet day around here.  smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 02 April 2013 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Crafty, if they do the bariatric surgery, he’d probably lose more than the 100 pounds and do it fairly quickly.  A goodly number of his problems would then be pretty much fixed just by the loss.  When are they planning to do this?

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 April 2013 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

The nutritionist actually doesn’t think the surgery would be beneficial to him, since he’s already eating a typical post-bariatric surgery diet.  He takes in about 800-850 calories on a *good* day, or about 15 bites of food and some coffee.  Not only that, but last year, when they cut him off of his pain meds (taking him from 360 mg of morphine a day to none in about 5 weeks) his pain was so bad that he could not keep much of anything down.  He was getting sick every time he ate, and ended up losing nearly 75 pounds in about 4 months.  Unfortunately, the weight loss didn’t help his pain.

One thing we stressed, though, was that we don’t want anyone to think Dave’s trying to bully anyone into giving him more pain meds.  It’s just that when his pain is adequately managed, he can actually be active.  He said he’d have no problem keeping his caloric intake down (since he was getting sick every time he ate, food doesn’t have much appeal any more), which means that the weight ought to come off pretty quickly, too.  Increased activity + decreased caloric intake = weight loss (generally).  He loses the weight, and the surgeon is more comfortable working on him, plus he said that would make Dave a “more referrable” patient for any other procedures.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 02 April 2013 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Good morning post-Easter world.  Another bright day has dawned and spring is in the air.  Vacation time is one day closer (as is retirement).  Something to look forward to as I sit at my desk wondering what I’m going to do today.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 02 April 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Gray, how ‘close’ IS your retirement?

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

So my local pizza place sent out a rather nice email, advertising their latest creation…

... the pizza smoothie.

*urk*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 April 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Uh Robin, did they show a picture of it or what the recipe is?

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2013 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16
hulitoons - 02 April 2013 03:47 PM

Uh Robin, did they show a picture of it or what the recipe is?

They’re only available on April 1.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 03 April 2013 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

My GOSH I was taken in by TOO many April Fools jokes this year!!!  Including that one Robin (thanks Tah for that final little clue).............. my gullibility is on the same par as my skill at tripping over flat surfaces…........

Signature 

1 of 5