2 of 4
March 1 - International Day of the Seal
Posted: 04 March 2013 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Thanks! smile  We’re still working on Old English, and its rules are bit complicated.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 04 March 2013 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

Yay, Crafty! smile

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 05 March 2013 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Crafty Dragon - 04 March 2013 04:21 PM

Thanks! smile  We’re still working on Old English, and its rules are bit complicated.

Old English has rules? I thought it was from the ‘spelling optional’ era, when one pretty much put down the letters that sounded right… cheese

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 05 March 2013 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02
Robin Bobcat - 05 March 2013 01:33 PM
Crafty Dragon - 04 March 2013 04:21 PM

Old English has rules? I thought it was from the ‘spelling optional’ era, when one pretty much put down the letters that sounded right… cheese

Nope, it has rules, and they even actually make more sense than a lot of spellings we have now! surprised  Kind of cool, actually, once you get used to them.  smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 05 March 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

And then we broke the rules .............again!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 05 March 2013 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14
hulitoons - 05 March 2013 02:25 PM

And then we broke the rules .............again!

Force of habit as human beings.  I think it’s ingrained in our DNA.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 06 March 2013 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

WeirdWildWindyWoolies….......and the best name I can conjure for this most unusual storm that started at 3 am.  One side of the street is getting heavy inches of snow while the other side sleet/rain, flooding and winds gusting to 50.  We are getting flooding inside even as temps drop because we’ve been getting the mushy sleet and rain.  Erik has built a sort of damn but I don’t know how long it will hold.  Our situation is supposed to change at 3 his afternoon and just be snow….if that helps the flood I won’t know until then but I’m assuming more flooding.

Erik just had to put new towels down on the other side of his dam.  The stuff coming in is mixed with red mud.  I still haven’t seen ‘snow’ this year and haven’t now for going on 3 years I think.  Only this crap.  My sister on the extreme west of Maryland (on the Pennsylvania border) lives on top of a mountain.  They’ve gotten over 8 inches of snow so far in this event.  So, while we get mud slides, I think I would prefer lovely, white mounds of snow.

Yes, I AM definitely feeling sorry for us!!!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 March 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

You know, people may think Canada gets a lot of snow and truthfully we are called the Great White North for a reason.  But even here on the prairies we don’t get the storms that seem to be hitting the midwestern and eastern states on a regular basis these days.  Makes me glad I live in a region where all it does is snow with the occasional 1 day blizzard a couple of times a year.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 06 March 2013 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

A friend of mine posted this to my FaceBook page a few days ago:

The warming trend has had the effect of moving us several states closer to the equator. I just saw a notice about this film, opening Friday in New York: http://greedylyingbastards.com/

According to that analysis, we’re now the new ‘Florida’.

Signature 

Posted: 06 March 2013 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

our ‘snow’ 3/6/13

Also warm enough that I was out there with no coat, jacket or sweater.  Just VERY windy.

Signature 

Posted: 06 March 2013 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

We’ve got a storm blowing through as well…

.. um… yeah.. maybe an inch of rain? Maybe?

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

2 of 4