1 of 1
11 Resumes that Got Worldwide Attention - can’t believe this….........
Posted: 28 February 2013 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Posting a couple of these here for those who don’t use facebook (and be happy you don’t)

Gosh, looks like we need a reality TV called resume stars. Unfortunately, most reality stars seem to fade very quickly or are put up to public ridicule. Getting ‘attention’ is, of course’ great, but often that’s the top of the game and from there it’s a free-fall downward because the stress of living up to that first impression and staying on top can cause, yes, serious injury in a lot of ways.

The young man who asked for an internship for ‘next to nothing’ is a certified indentureship with hopes or dreams that his student loans will hold off gathering interest until the time he can actually start paying them back.

I’m way too old to be hired anywhere and right now, I’m actually thankful for that.

11 Resumes that Got Worldwide Attention

Note:  You’ll need to see the page since one is a 6 second video, and others are images. 

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 01 March 2013 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

My personal favorite is the chocolate bar.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 March 2013 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2897
Joined  2005-06-15

Here’s another article on resumes:

The Importance of a Good Resume

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

There are quite a few articles on writing resumes, sitting in an interview, how to dress for an interview, things NOT to say in an interview etc. 

I posted to one article 7 Key Skills You Need to Get Hired Right Now
I said:

Are you kidding? This illustrates the need for super-computer Automatons, not human beings (unless the human can prove and illustrate a minimum 200 IQ with over-the-hill common sense, amazing stamina, along with charismatic draw and the eloquence of absolutely NO opinion of their own, only that of the particular employer at any given moment).

If you read down through the article you’ll see what I mean.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 03 March 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

With a bit of luck I will never need to write another resume unless I need one to get into a retirement home when I’m 90.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 1