1 of 1
I need computer savvy assistance (or advice) on internet please
Posted: 24 February 2013 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

after yesterday’s hacking of my yahoo account (which was fixed), I’ve been trying to post a reply to a Yahoo article and getting :

Oops! Try again. (Error: CMT-AJ-CPS-REMT)

, so I searched to see what this meant and found this video outlining the same thing:
Video clip of Yahoo News actively censoring an objective GOP post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OffLLylI-Go

Here’s the article I have been trying to post to:  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-key-skills-hired-now-152810233.html?desktop_view_default=true

and this is what I was trying to post:

This illustrates the need for super-computer Automatons, not human beings (unless the human can prove and illustrate a minimum 200 IQ with over-the-hill common sense, amazing stamina, along with charismatic draw and the eloquence of absolutely NO opinion of their own, only that of the particular employer at any given moment).

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 24 February 2013 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I don’t see anything in your proposed post that would normally activate any filters.  Unless Yahoo has their filters set to extremely strict limits it should have gone thru.  It might have been a glitch in the system too.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 24 February 2013 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Gray, I’ve tried numerous times, restarting my computer, signing out of Yahoo, then back in, leaving the page, etc.  Still the same result.  So I moved to another computer (Erik’s) and tried, so did he, same thing. 

So I waited a few hours and tried, the same error message.  So I started moving some words out, re-worded and it still does the same thing.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 February 2013 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

I’ve studied programming in my studies. It looks to me like it is similar to an “unhandled exception”. Put simply it’s likely just an error in the programming of the software (in this case the web page) that hasn’t been treated to show an understandable error message.

So, instead of saying:

“Sorry. We are having a problem with our web page now. Please try again later”

it says:

“Oops! Try again. (Error: CMT-AJ-CPS-REMT)”

More properly I’d say the exception message does mean something to the programmers at Yahoo. It’s just not in a form that’s understandable to non-programmers.

The web being what it is I wouldn’t be surprised if people in different geographic locations don’t see the same problem as do some people in other areas.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 25 February 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Peter, I think you are on to something… and I think something else is going on.  After a LOT of searching, no one, not even Yahoo, had an answer.  Some think this is censoring but I don’t think so….  On Google pages showing the same, there was computer language mixed in with the postings, even to sites on different servers and personal blogs.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqjrhqWl3reG0HEmneaNdHjsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130224085750AAgr0F7

007player 007playe…
Cant reply to messages on ymb"s?
i try to reply on different yahoo message boards and every time i try it say’s “failed to post” it wasn’t doing this until today. any ideas?

LockNLoad LockNLoa…
  same for me, I get the Error: CMT-AJ-CPS-REMT msg, it’s happened before as well….I had to build a new email acct just so I could post msgs…

Methinks censorship…but cannot prove it - only that it’s happened to me 3 times now.
  cyberarf1 cyberarf…
  I cannot help but think it is a censor by Yahoo. I have been posting Yahoo’s number so people can call and complain about the new homepage, which a MAJORITY of people say blows. I also post political answers, but never anything harassing, vulgar or inappropriate. To contact Yahoo, call (408) 349-3300.
  Source(s):
  The was all researched using Yahoo.
  Mike B Mike B
  happening to me too , I am sure I make a few “controversial posts” , but I always tell the truth .... Maybe Yahoo doesn’t care to have any truth posted ...... they prefer we occupy our time with Hollywood fluff and foo ......

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al5d7OI8Jpdng0IW9MF8WOTsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130222143405AAv4Krj

Wolf Wolf
Error message what does it mean (Error: CMT-AJ-CPS-REMT)?
Anyone with tech experience that knows what this means…., it’s an error report I get when trying to post a comment…., Thanks.

Phonebreaker Phonebre…
  I’m getting the same thing, the new yahoo web setup BLOWS!
  Dooglas Dooglas
  It mean that Yahoo’s new setup is faulty in more ways than simply having an undesirable homepage.
  Steve Steve
  im guessing it means you were talking bad about obama
  thinker thinker
  We know who owns the media. Please Read this and try to understand how it relates to today.
  A foundation of American political thought during the Revolutionary period was the well justified concern about political corruption and governmental tyranny. Even the federalists, fending off their opponents who accused them of creating an oppressive regime, were careful to acknowledge the risks of tyranny. William Paley, founder of the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) whose chief advisor was Edward Bernays, Sigmund Freud’s nephew who wrote Propaganda, in which Bernays reveals:
  Those who manipulate the organized habits and opinions of the masses constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of the country…. It remains a fact in almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by this relatively small number of persons…. As civilization has become more complex, and as the need for invisible government has been increasingly demonstrated, the technical means have been invented and developed by which opinion may be regimented.
  r r
  I dont know but I find it interesting that it happened to me when I was making a political post that does not support our govt or the Tyrant in the White House. Btw I am a Liberal
  LockNLoad LockNLoa…
  Same here - I’m guessing censoring
  Not Bill Gates Not Bill Gates
  I had to use a different browser through a VPN to post my comment. I’m guessing my network is flagged by the ECHELON surveillance system, and Yes, I was trying to post a dissenting comment as well, so it’s obviously censoring.
  Travis Marshall Travis Marshall
  I got this censorship error for writing this: want to not pay more taxes on your money keep it in a safe at your home and let no officer of any law into your home. the worst criminals are our elected officials.
  I have received the error message a lot while executing my right to freedom of peaceable speech and expression, and press! on yahoo.
  Source(s):
  yahoo.com censoring me
  Ted Ted
  I’m getting the same error code. Mine started when I commented, tried to comment, on Yahoo finance page article where Obama asks Congress to compromise. I wasn’t disrespectful, but only asked when did Obama start compromising? Now I can’t clear error or make any comments. Spent an hour trying to find a yahoo person to help.. no luck.. I guess it’s time for a new home page for sure. Anyone else use a different but better home page, is MSN, or something?

cotinued:

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2013 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I answered both of these with this: 

I submitted the same question yesterday (still an open question). I did a Google search for the term itself exactly as it displayed when I tried to post and got many pages of the same ‘error’ happening on other sites as well, including a few that appeared to be personal blogs. NONE explained exactly what this specific error means, and only displays affected pages with enormous computer language written mixed with the author’s original message. It’s clearly a mess but I am thinking that it has nothing to do with ‘censorship’ but an inappropriate conflict of certain written words (perhaps) with the installed computer language application itself perhaps. I posted the same query to a couple friends who are computer geeks and they can’t explain it either. I also posted the query with all info to FaceBook with not a single person even answering! Whatever this is seems more interesting than not. And no, there is nothing and no one on Yahoo so far (this question has been asked and not rectified before too on Yahoo) is apparently able to assist even to explain what the interference really is. Though I still cannot post to the original news article provided by Yahoo, I was able to post a response elsewhere here on Yahoo. I also went to the original USA News to post there.
Source(s):
Google, Yahoo, FaceBook, self

I think there may be something, an Algorithm in a number of steps that is being corrupted by perhaps, ip address + the coding of the typed message + the applied program.  IS that even possible?

Signature 

Posted: 25 February 2013 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 25 February 2013 02:08 PM

I answered both of these with this: 

I submitted the same question yesterday (still an open question). I did a Google search for the term itself exactly as it displayed when I tried to post and got many pages of the same ‘error’ happening on other sites as well, including a few that appeared to be personal blogs. NONE explained exactly what this specific error means, and only displays affected pages with enormous computer language written mixed with the author’s original message. It’s clearly a mess but I am thinking that it has nothing to do with ‘censorship’ but an inappropriate conflict of certain written words (perhaps) with the installed computer language application itself perhaps. I posted the same query to a couple friends who are computer geeks and they can’t explain it either. I also posted the query with all info to FaceBook with not a single person even answering! Whatever this is seems more interesting than not. And no, there is nothing and no one on Yahoo so far (this question has been asked and not rectified before too on Yahoo) is apparently able to assist even to explain what the interference really is. Though I still cannot post to the original news article provided by Yahoo, I was able to post a response elsewhere here on Yahoo. I also went to the original USA News to post there.
Source(s):
Google, Yahoo, FaceBook, self

I think there may be something, an Algorithm in a number of steps that is being corrupted by perhaps, ip address + the coding of the typed message + the applied program.  IS that even possible?

I don’t see how the ip address itself could affect it. More likely a bug in the program itself. It’s always possible the typed message could affect it, for example if they had some “censorship code” that had a bug in it.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 25 February 2013 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

You are right Peter, I found this————————Finally got an answer from both computer program writers and from further exploration: This is indeed a censor algorithm designed by Yahoo, and IS used by many other sites as well. The application language cites Yahoo in the language used: move down these pages/links to view the application language: http://asktrash.com/news/gaza-police-catch-crocodile-after-2-years-on-lam

http://www.denverherald.com/news/show-story.cfm?id=317371
move down the page and you can see the computer application language this is taken from http://beavertonpost.com/news/story.cfm?bid=5960747 that uses the Yahoo algorithm:

There is a LOT of app language but I’ll just put part of it here-

,“MSG START CONVERSATION”:“Start a Conversation with Friends”,“LABEL OPTIONS”:“Options”,“LABEL CLOSE”:“Close”,“SIGN IN TO RATE UP”:“Please sign in to rate a Thumb Up”,“SIGN IN TO RATE DOWN”:“Please sign in to rate a Thumb Down”,“RATE UP”:“Rate a Thumb Up”,“RATE DOWN”:“Rate a Thumb Down”,“ERR SORT RSP INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-SOR-RIVD)”,“ERR SORT RSP EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-SOR-REMT)”,“ERR SORT FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-SOR-FALR)”,“ERR FLTR RSP INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-FLT-RIVD)”,“ERR FLTR RSP EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-FLT-REMT)”,“ERR FLTR RSP FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-FLT-FALR)”,“ERR LOAD CNHDC EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-LDN-REMT)”,“ERR CMT CTX FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-CTX-FALR)”,“ERR LOAD ALL CMT EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-ACM-REMT)”,“ERR ALL CMT FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-ACM-FALR)”,“ERR MORE CMT RSP INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-MCM-RIVD)”,“ERR MORE CMT RSP EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-MCM-REMT)”,“ERR CMT MORE FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-MCM-FALR)”,“ERR REPLY RSP EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-REP-REMT)”,“ERR REPLY VIEW FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-REV-FALR)”,“ERR RATE RSP INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-RAT-RIVD)”,“ERR CMT RATE FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-RAT-FALR)”,“ERR CMT RATE REJECT”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-RAT-RREJ)”,“ERR RATE ALREADY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-RAT-ALRD)”,“ERR DELETE RSP INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-DLT-RIVD)”,“ERR DELETE RSP EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-DLT-REMT)”,“ERR CMT DELETE FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-DLT-FALR)”,“ERR RPOT ABS RSP INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-RAB-RIVD)”,“ERR RPOT ABS RSP EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-RAB-REMT)”,“ERR RPOT ABS FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-RAB-FALR)”,“ERR CMT POST EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-CPS-REMT)”,“ERR CMT POST INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-CPS-RIVD)”,“ERR CMT POST FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-CPS-FALR)”,“ERR GET PARENT RSP INVALID”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-GPC-RIVD)”,“ERR GET PARENT RSP EMPTY”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-GPC-REMT)”,“ERR GET PARENT RSP FAILURE”:”(Error: CMT-AJ-GPC-FALR)” ; YAHOO = window.YAHOO ; YAHOO.Media = YAHOO.Media ; YAHOO.Media.cmtMaskHandler = nativeXhrRequest: function (url,postData) var XMLHttpFactories = function () return new XMLHttpRequest() , function () return new ActiveXObject(“Msxml2.XMLHTTP”

) , function () return new ActiveXObject(“Msxml3.XMLHTTP”) , function () return new ActiveXObject(“Microsoft.XMLHTTP”) ; var req = function() var xmlhttp = false; for (var i=0;i= interval) && (beconState == 0)) //console.log(interval+’ cmtStatePageJsError: ‘+cmtStatePageJsError+’ latency beacon:’+new Date().getTime()); beconState = 1; YAHOO.Media.cmtMaskHandler.nativeXhrRequest(’/ xhr/ugccomments/?method=log loaderror’+’&err; code=’+logLabels.ERR LATENCY+’&err; state=’+logErrState.ERR LATENCY ST); else if(cmtStatePageJsError >= 1 && frmContainer != null && cmtPostFrm == null && ((currentTs - initTs) >= err interval) && (beconState == 1)) beconState = 2; //console.log(interval+’ cmtStatePageJsError: ‘+cmtStatePageJsError+’ err beacon:’+new Date().getTime()); var prl = document.getElementsByClassName(‘ugccmt-loading’); if(prl != null && prl.length > 0 ) for(i=0; i 0 ) for(i=0; i

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Mey theory is that since you got hacked, it’s entirely possible that your account was set super-uber-sensative, or just blocked entirely.

My advice would be to just throw them a nice email asking ‘hey, why am I blocked?’ and see what shakes out. If they are unwilling to unblock you, then just take your business someplace else.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 26 February 2013 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

In order to contact Yahoo, you must call them, there is no online access to help except that of FAQs that are typically for simple problems and do not involve algorithms.  Since I don’t use phones (AT ALL unless in dire emergency) and do not wish to be on hold for extended times and because numerous other people are having the same problem and the problem has been going on consistently for a number of years, it’s not likely that hacking is part of this, neither do I see anything within the language itself that would indicate that.

However, I can post of other articles with no problem, but since this has also happened in the past with other similar error messages, I’m also not surprised that I will be, as with others, forever blocked on the particular article the error first flashed, with the additional inability to rate others on that particular article.  Specific packed verbiage is what appears being screened, not the actual content or meaning of those words, only that they have been presented together within the post.

It is of interest to me that other sites on even other servers use the same application (Yahoo as the original author of the language that shows up within the app strings).  Whether or not this is appropriate censorship is still of interest as is the origination which came from India but only within the boundaries that may differ in countries more widely open to speak.

Signature 

1 of 1