1 of 1
Won’t someone think of the children?
Posted: 20 February 2013 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Oh my god, they’re leading our children to violence, crime, homosexuality and generally weakening the fiber of the nation!

Video games? Nope. Television? Nnnnooope. Comic books! Maybe not those, either.

After a few decades, some old records are being unsealed. Including those of the psychologist responsible in part for bringing about the infamous ‘Comics Code’. It turns out the guy was wildly exaggerating his claims, making his data fit his results, that sort of thing.

http://io9.com/5985199/how-one-mans-lies-almost-destroyed-the-comics-industry

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 February 2013 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2893
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m sure the disinformation will still live on at least for a while just as it has with the debate about vaccination.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 21 February 2013 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Peter - 20 February 2013 07:46 PM

I’m sure the disinformation will still live on at least for a while just as it has with the debate about vaccination.

Yep.. or any one of the other discredited ‘studies’ out there that people continue to point to as reasons not to trust scientists…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 27 March 2013 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

I’m late to the party, but that was an interesting article. Modern science is now all too often looked at with suspicion because of the few ‘bad apples’ that manipulate figures to prove their hypothesis and the polarised community on the internet that think all pharmacology is out to make money, not save people.

Posted: 27 March 2013 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2893
Joined  2005-06-15
Mr R - 27 March 2013 09:22 AM

I’m late to the party, but that was an interesting article. Modern science is now all too often looked at with suspicion because of the few ‘bad apples’ that manipulate figures to prove their hypothesis and the polarised community on the internet that think all pharmacology is out to make money, not save people.

Well. I think the pharmaceutical companies do think about making profits. But I for one completely support and encourage getting vaccinated as well as taking any necessary medications.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 28 March 2013 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

A business is set up to make money, that is the nature of business, but the conspiracists seem to think there are cures in things like guanabana/soursop that are being intentionally suppressed by pharma companies to avoid curing certain diseases. Here is a good example:

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/afrikan-wholistic-health/43184-cancer-healing-tree-guanabana-sour-sop.html

The amazing anti -cancer properties of the Graviola tree have been extensively researched—so why haven’t you heard anything about it?
If Graviola extract is as half as promising as it appears to be—why doesn’t every single oncologist at every major hospital insist on using it on all his or her patients?

The spine-chilling answer illustrates just how easily our health—and for many, our very lives(!)—are controlled by money and power.

I think a problem is that we live in a post vaccinated world where people no longer realise how much pharma has helped the world and that the old diseases that killed millions have now been suppressed (things may change with mutations in the future); they don’t know how good they have it now because of pharma.

1 of 1