1 of 1
You want HOW much??
Posted: 14 February 2013 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

So anyway… there’s been some amount of scandal involving US agents killed in mexico, due to bumbling departments, Fast and Furious, etc. Lovely little fiasco.

Naturally of course, the family is suing.

THEY ARE SUING FOR $75 BILLION DOLLARS. Edit: $75 million. Turns out there was a typo in the docket.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/us/mexico-slain-agent-lawsuit/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I did some math…

$75,000,000,000 dollars.

$1645 dollars/troy ounce in gold

45,592,705 troy ounces
- 113,981 ‘Good Delivery’ bars (400 troy oz each)
—This is enough gold to build five houses out of solid gold.
—- Fort Knox holds 368,000 such bars.

1,418,091 kilograms of gold.
- Density of 19.30 g/cm3
—73 cubic meters
—- A block 4.1 meters on a side.
—- Roughly 12 feet on a side for those who prefer such.

3,126,356 pounds of gold
- 1,563 tons of gold.

So… yeah. Sheer lunacy. Yes, very tragic and sorry for your loss, but come on... One does not hand out the GDP of small - no - medium-sized countries as payout for a lawsuit.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 14 February 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

The monetary amount really has little to nothing to do with this event, however.  (Amounts that will be distributed will actually be decided by the court in the end.)  BUT the askance makes it necessary to retrace this ‘plan’ well from beginning to end and all those responsible for the deaths. 

The plan was designed to track where, how, who and when guns crossed the border and to whom they were sold and all the hands involved while in the trap.  The fact that dealers STILL on U.S. soil (also in the trap) sought to gain profits by selling these guns also indicates they’ve sold other lots of firearms as well without conscience and that is extremely disturbing. 

The trail will tell much and in the end will also give back to the families who lost loved ones.  Which is why, working even on the periphery of any government puts you at peril.  Our own family, because of my father’s role, also put us at peril….also why I turned down a similar offered position with our government MANY years ago.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 14 February 2013 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

I suppose they are actually asking for that much so that they will get more than a couple of thousand after the lawyers fees are subtracted.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 15 February 2013 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

So apparently there was a typo in the court docket. They are, in fact, ‘only’ asking for $75 million dollars. Still a lot of cash.

Move all my figures over three decimal places, please.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

1 of 1