1 of 2
Iran’s Stealth Fighter
Posted: 07 February 2013 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

Story here. Could it be Iran’s stealth fighter technology revolves around the idea of you not being able to see it flying?

Iran’s new stealth fighter jet under fire from critics

Fresh from controversy over a suspicious space-faring monkey, Iran is now under fire over a suspect stealth fighter jet breakthrough that one Australian defence analyst said “looks like it might make a noise and vibrate if you put 20 cents in”.

Unveiling the Qaher F313 (Dominant F313) earlier this month, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad described it as “among the most advanced fighter jets in the world” with features including the ability to evade detection by radar and hit both ground and air targets.

Aviation experts have questioned whether the jet shown can even fly as it was too small to accommodate a real pilot and the controls and wiring looked too simple. It also lacked the bolts and rivets found on all aircraft and offered wonky aerodynamics.

“It looks like the Iranians dumped some rudimentary flight controls and an ejection seat into a shell moulded in what they thought were stealthy angles,” wrote Foreign Policy.

Andrew Davies, senior defence analyst and director of research at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, said the jet was a “laughable fake”.

“It looks like it might make a noise and vibrate if you put 20 cents in,” he told Fairfax Media.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 07 February 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

And here is a link with a story from Tehran. The story is entitled:

Top 10 F-313 most important features

As well as listing the top 10 features it shows pictures of this technological marvel.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 08 February 2013 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

*rummages*

Wait, THAT tiny thing is supposedly able to drop two one-ton bombs? Ok, maybe they’re talking explosive yeild, but I’m still not buying it.

I like how they’re touting that it uses Hydraulics and NOT Fly-By-Wire as if it were the more advanced option.

*looks at other photos*

Yeah.. I have to agree that this thing looks like a cheap prop. In other angle shots, you can actually SEE that the surfaces are not smooth.

Look at the strips along the edges of that nosecone. I’m thinking fiberglass. Also, note how ripply the canopy is.

Air intakes are WAY too small for a jet that’s intending any sort of speed, and the giant tailfins are going to make any semblance of ‘stealth’ a joke. Also, I see no breaks in the skin, which is VERY telling. You’ll have a very hard time doing maintainence on a plane with no panels, much less being able to deploy bombs or the like…

It might be able to fly, but I’m willing to bet that the average Cessna could out-dogfight it.

“So… here’s what our newest fighter jet would look like… if we actually were able to build one.”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 08 February 2013 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I’d love to see the results of any simulated testing in a computer or in a wind tunnel with a model. Of course it would have to be done by a different country, perhaps by some interested university students.

I could just imagine the images of if flipping over on take off or having a wing fall off while it dropped bombs.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 09 February 2013 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, I’m reminded of the ‘advanced’ amphibious fighters they fielded a few years ago…

Barely sea- or air-worthy. Propellor on a motor raised up above the plane itself. They would be sitting ducks for a *Cessna*...

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 09 February 2013 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

I don’t think this plane would be detected by radar. Of course, sitting in the ground not flying is well below radar level.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 12 February 2013 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28
Tah - 09 February 2013 11:07 AM

I don’t think this plane would be detected by radar. Of course, sitting in the ground not flying is well below radar level.

*pokes Tah with a stick*

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 12 February 2013 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

A dramatic picture of Iran’s newest stealth fighter in the air has be shown to the world. Linky here. The aggressors of this world are no match for Iran’s display of superior technological prowess (with Photoshop).

Iran’s ‘laughable’ fighter jet caught out in Photoshop blunder

Iran has been caught out in another Photoshop blunder in an effort to prove its purported stealth fighter jet is the real deal.

An Iranian state news agency released a new picture of the radar-dodging jet flying above snow-covered mountains.

But the picture was immediately suspected to be fake, with the lighting on the plane and its position similar to its appearance in pictures on the ground in Tehran at the unveiling earlier this month.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad described it as “among the most advanced fighter jets in the world”, capable of hitting ground and air targets by stealth, but experts dismissed it as a “laughable fake” which looks like a toy or mock-up model.

Now the new picture has also been laughed off, after it was revealed by The Atlantic Wire that the background image of the mountain was taken from the stock image site PickyWallpapers.com

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 12 February 2013 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

*falls off the cough laughing*

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2013 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28
Robin Bobcat - 12 February 2013 07:48 PM

*offers Robin a Ricola*

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 13 February 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
oppiejoe - 12 February 2013 09:18 PM
Robin Bobcat - 12 February 2013 07:48 PM

*offers Robin a Ricola*

Try a Fisherman’s friend

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 13 February 2013 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Bah… stupid fingers… I blame the keyboard.

Signature 

1 of 2