1 of 1
Car accident
Posted: 26 January 2013 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

I had a minor one yesterday. It wasn’t my fault and nobody was hurt. My car is still drivable but I’m facing the prospect of relying totally on public transport for a few weeks after my car is sent in for repairs. At least both myself and the other driver are insured.

It’s been over ten years since my last accident so I guess I’m doing well.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 27 January 2013 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

Glad you’re okay, Peter!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 27 January 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I’m with Tah, I’m glad you’re okay too.  But if it was minor and both vehicles drivable, why will it take so long to have it repaired?  What exactly was damaged on your car?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 January 2013 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeek! Glad everything’s ok.

Listen to your mechanic. Just because a car CAN be driven doesn’t mean it SHOULD be driven. If the frame of a modern car gets dented, it drastically reduces its collision worthiness…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 27 January 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 27 January 2013 09:43 AM

I’m with Tah, I’m glad you’re okay too.  But if it was minor and both vehicles drivable, why will it take so long to have it repaired?  What exactly was damaged on your car?

The front bumper bar is slightly bent on the left. The left indicator light lens is smashed although the indicator light itself is still working. The front side panel and bonnet are slightly dented.

The crash wasn’t severe enough to set off my air bag.

While the damage was minor it’s not unusual to hear of such things taking at least a month to get fixed in insurance repairs. Although I will find out for sure the day after tomorrow as that’s when it is being inspected by my insurance company. Obviously I’m hoping to be told it will take much less time than a month.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 06 February 2013 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Good news. It should only take four days to repair, after I drop it off (I’m just waiting for the date and time). Plus I will not be out of pocket for anything.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 06 February 2013 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

This is Great news Peter!  You surely are owed it after all you’ve been through over the past couple weeks.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 06 February 2013 11:09 AM

This is Great news Peter!  You surely are owed it after all you’ve been through over the past couple weeks.

Yes it was a relief to hear this. I got the call to drop my car off on the 12th of March. Over four weeks away but my car is still drivable so it’s no real problem.

I was told I would get a free taxi ride home when I drop my car off as well as a free taxi ride when I go to pick up my car. Just as well I’ve got the car insurance I have got otherwise I doubt I’d have that luxury.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 09 February 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

That’s over a month away.  Will you be okay during the time they’re fixing it?

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2013 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 09 February 2013 12:22 PM

That’s over a month away.  Will you be okay during the time they’re fixing it?

It will be inconvenient when it’s in for repairs for four days. But I am within walking distance of public transport including the train station so I should be OK. Plus I am also within walking distance of a group of shops including a supermarket, a pharmacy and some food places (both take away food and food places with tables inside).

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

1 of 1