1 of 2
My new part time job
Posted: 20 January 2013 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2897
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m just stressing out about my new job that I’m starting tonight. It’s a telemarketing job, asking for donations for a charity.

Oh well, it’s only 3 hours per night.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 20 January 2013 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I hope this will be for just a short time and that you’ll get a full-time position in the field for which you have worked hard in school for your degree!  I would not be able to do telephone marketing at all since I cannot handle telephones after years of having to.  Telemarketing is also a pet peeve for me and once I was hired to do it…....it lasted for just one phone call.  Some folks are really great with it Peter and do well.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I must be one of those who need time to get up to speed. With a three hour shift tonight I only had one good call. I’m still classed as being in training so hopefully things will improve.

I’m still looking for full time work. Hopefully that wont take too long.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 22 January 2013 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Getting one good call is I think probably good for any telemarketer Peter.  I don’t even answer the phone during the daytime unless I already know someone is going to call.  Most are telemarketers so I let my opening ‘greeting’ message play and most of them just hang up when they realize it’s a message machine.  Those who do need to speak wait and begin leaving a message.  If I hear them talking about something important I lift the receiver and interrupt. 

If I do answer and there is even a bit of ‘air’ before someone actually speaks, I hang up. 

I’m not unique either.  Telemarketing is a very difficult and even thankless form of employment that presses, in many ways, for the receiver having to engage in what otherwise is considered junk mail. 

This isn’t what your expensive education prepared you to be doing and I’m more than just a little upset that you are having to even do this.  I do not believe I am alone in this.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m still applying for better jobs. I have to admit I’m not thrilled by having to take this job but I have no choice at the moment as I have bills to pay.

I’m hoping the job market will improve as more people return to work in the coming week or so. December and January tend to be a bad time here for looking for work.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 05 February 2013 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

This is now my ex part time job. I got the sack tonight.

I guess it’s just not the job for me. I never really did feel comfortable doing cold calling to ask for donations.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 06 February 2013 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Awww…. sorry to hear it. But yeah, that sort of job takes a certain sort of person, and sometimes it’s not the sort of person you want to be.

Still, good luck and all. May the next job be something awesome.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 February 2013 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I hate to even say this, but I’m GLAD you ‘got the sack’ Peter.  Press in the other direction for appropriate employment, and in the meantime another part-time situation will come along where courtesy at least is part of the effort on both sides.

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2013 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 06 February 2013 05:07 AM

I hate to even say this, but I’m GLAD you ‘got the sack’ Peter.  Press in the other direction for appropriate employment, and in the meantime another part-time situation will come along where courtesy at least is part of the effort on both sides.

Well I’ve got two job interviews lined up for tomorrow (my time). They are related to my area of study.

Plus I have an appointment at my university to get further advice on my resumé.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 06 February 2013 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Thank you!!!

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2013 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I just got a part time job to do with computers. Very similar to what I’ve done before and related to what I’m studying.

This should suit me very well at least until after I get my Degree.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 13 February 2013 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Anything has got to be better than telemarketing. Best of luck old chap.

1 of 2

‹‹ Unleashed poop?      Happy Birthday Crafty! ››